mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Return to previous voice"

Posted on: June 03, 2009 @ 04:27 PM
snets@att.net
Total Posts:  17
Joined  06-03-2009

I confess I am learning how to use this wonderful Keyboard (Motif 06).  My question is - I have all the saved favorites (you know with the F5 key) My question is - is there a way to bounce between two voices (like on a TV remote) or do you have to scroll the wheel back to where you were before.  Say I want to go from the Sweet Flute voice to the Crunch organ sound and back again - is there a quick way to do it without spinning the wheel - please advise

David Snetsinger

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 05, 2009 @ 12:43 AM
afterhours
Total Posts:  19
Joined  05-22-2009

Are you aware of the capability of splitting the keyboard and putting both sounds on the same Performance setting?  You can use the lower portion of the keyboard (say, C-2 to C3) for your flute sound and raise the ‘tone’ of this voice either +12 or +24 (1 or 2 octaves) to get its sound in the right range.  Likewise you can put the organ on the upper portion of the keyboard (C#3 to C8) and lower the tone -12 or -24, or the organ might sound alright with the default 0 tone setting.

If you don’t know how to program the Performance settings check the manual under this section.  I don’t know how the Motif manual is, but my old S90 manual was tough to understand when I was a complete newbie programmer so don’t be shy about asking questions if you’ve never programmed a Yamaha before.  There are other options available like layering sounds (strings on top of a piano, for example). 

If you are aware of the capability to split the keyboard for different sounds and for whatever reason it won’t work for you, then I suggest putting each sound on a Performance setting next to each other (e.g., A-3 and A-4).  All you have to do is hit one button to change the settings, though you will have about a 0.5 second sound outage while it switches.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Remote Control and Cubase
Next Topic:

motif man! ››