mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Digital sound Factory Word Xspedition and Vocal Xspressions"

Posted on: June 03, 2009 @ 02:24 AM
Fabrice Delcarte
Total Posts:  14
Joined  04-29-2009

Hi all,
Just a little comment about these two libraries from DSF which I had the opportunity to try.

DSF Vocal XSpressions :

It is a very complete library of vocals. A lot of choirs with different articulations like :
ooh’s, Hum’s, aah’s, female and male choirs, girls and boys choirs, Monk, vocalise, mellotron, vox and many others. 
There are some nice Hip Hop/dance voices like “do it” or “hoo ya”, ... but the library is mostly based on choirs.
The sampling is good and there is a good dynamic on some voices.
127 voices of vocals, You should be able to find what you need in this library.

DSF World XSpedition:

I had a lot of fun playing this library, many interesting instruments. I really loved the sitar for example, nice mandolin with AF tremolo as well. Some redundant voices to reach the 127 voices of this library.
There is quite a few voices that differs from the free library Ethnology available in Xspand your world web page so they are good complement to each other.
There is some nice percussions voices for which I would recommend to use Arps.
If you are into world music, cinema sound design and other, this library is a good material to work with.

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 03, 2009 @ 01:10 PM
papaphoenix
Total Posts:  1614
Joined  03-09-2004

Thank you for your testing report.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 03, 2009 @ 02:19 PM
Synthgeek
Total Posts:  668
Joined  11-18-2003

Thanks for the reviews.  Honestly, I think they need to reconsider the pricing. I know sound design is a lot of work but people are not as willing to pay high prices for voices on a hardware sampler these days.  It has to be cheaper than those multi gig Kontakt libraries.  Motifmart has had great pricing on voices and with the XS loosing steam in this economic condition those prices should be cut quite a bit or no one will buy.  I think $89.00-$129.00 is the max you can squeeze from these libraries.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 13, 2009 @ 03:09 AM
drvenom
Total Posts:  9
Joined  06-13-2009

I downloaded the demo and personally I am not impressed. I don’t think the library is worth $149. For that price, I would expect the sounds to be as good sounding as the nylon slide guitar in the motif xs factory presets or as good as the complete orchestra library. This is just my humble opinion that is based on their demo.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 13, 2009 @ 10:01 AM
eagle007
Total Posts:  15
Joined  07-04-2009

I think the Vocal Xpressions is way too expensive.

DSF offers this same collection on their own website for Cakewalk Dimension, Proteus and as SoundFont for just $ 59,00 USD !

I have tried to email them and ask them why the Motif XS version is this expensive. You can probably convert either of the three versions they sell with Chicken Translator to a Motif soundbank.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Importing sounds?
Next Topic:

Question ......... ››