mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Piano Sounds"

Posted on: May 25, 2009 @ 09:00 AM
Fabrice Delcarte
Total Posts:  14
Joined  04-29-2009

I realy don’t know what piano sound I should get:
ksound Piano 1, Piano 2 or the Virtual pianos Collection ?
I play piano solo most of the time. all style.

I would really like to get the comments from someone who used Virtual pianos collection.

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 26, 2009 @ 06:55 PM
alesis
Total Posts:  200
Joined  03-12-2005

I have Ksounds 2 and its amazing........

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 26, 2009 @ 06:59 PM
karlman23
Total Posts:  167
Joined  09-30-2007

Hi, I have K-Sounds piano 1 & 2, and Virtual Pianos Collection. I have played acoustic piano my whole life and the one that sounds the best and plays the best, for me, is K-Sounds 1. I personally don’t like piano 2 (not a Kawai fan). I just got Virtual Pianos a few days ago, so I’m still getting used to the roomy sound of the samples, but they’re nice also. But if you want to sit back and enjoy playing something the closest to a real piano, I would definitely go with Piano 1! It is very good! The samples sound exactly like a real Steinway D, a great piano.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 02, 2009 @ 04:19 AM
Fabrice Delcarte
Joined  04-29-2009

Hi,
Thank you for the advises.
I got Ksound piano 1 and I just love it.
It is very dynamic, very realistic and polyvalent. Isn’t it all you are waiting for ?

In the other hand, I look forward to listen to the new version Digital Sound Factory Steinway Model L which Timothy Swartz from DSF is improving.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 17, 2009 @ 04:47 PM
okdk
Total Posts:  83
Joined  10-17-2007

I just got Ksounds piano 1 and my feeling is it sounds real nice at medium to loud volumes, but lacks the ability to play softly.  It has a mf and ff wave, but just doesn’t sound right played lightly, seems to need a pp wave.  Do I need a triple strike sound??

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2009 @ 01:42 PM
morrisr
Total Posts:  27
Joined  12-29-2008

I am a piano guy, I love the piano sounds. I realize that I have dedicated my performances on piano, I basically play every song using the piano. Now that I will be owning my MOTIF XS within a week, I am dying to try the new sounds and try as best as possible to explore them while doing live performances.

Image Attachments
ME(MOTIF).jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 07, 2009 @ 05:56 AM
Fabrice Delcarte
Joined  04-29-2009

Hi all,

I purchased East West Quantum Leap Pianos, which is a software that runs on pc or Mac as a vst plug-in or as standalone application.

You get 4 pianos: Bechstein D280, Steinway D, Yamaha C7 and Bosendorfer 290, All grand concert pianos.

Installation : long ... very long, about 16 hours. There are 35 DVD’s to install. 250go free disk and a powerful computer is necessary (I have 6 go of ram and an Intel i7 cpu 8 cores + a good sound card to bring down the latency to 4ms)

The pianos have been recorded on east west studios: up to 16 velocity samples per note, so for each note they recorded 16 samples without sustain pedal, with sustain pedal, with soft pedal, sustain + soft, fast repetition of the same notes, staccato, release. Yes they are crazy. all that with 3 stereo microphones and for 4 pianos. So a lot of samples ... 250go there is a reason. The samples are not looped when you hold a key down, it is a true long recording of the note.
The software is very powerful, you can mix between the 3 mic, adjust velocity curve, modify the envelope, open or close the lid, there is a lot of very high quality reverbs and you can spread and swap the stereo.

The result : It really sounds great, I’m not a fan of the Bosendorfer because it naturally sounds muted and blurry but I really love the other 3. Since I have it, when I want to play piano I use the motif as a midi controller. Some of the piano we have been talking about earlier on the topic are good but far away of what you get out of this beauty software. It is not cheap but it worth it.
It is really close from a real piano. Actually they compared recordings of a piece made with the real instruments and made with the soft. And from what I read the differences are negligible.

See ya

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 10, 2009 @ 09:34 PM
drvenom
Total Posts:  9
Joined  06-13-2009

I just purchased K-sounds piano 1. The first three voice, which are the main piano voices, are absolutely brilliant. They are just as nice as the stock voice and the s700 voice. The rest of the library is just alright. If you have an extra $100 laying around, then go for it.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Digital Sound Factory Steinway Model L Motif XS Grand Piano
Next Topic:

Pipe Organ Sounds ››