mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MIDI Data to Send for Selecting Assignable Function Button 1 & 2?"

Posted on: May 24, 2009 @ 02:34 PM
Kkarlv
Total Posts:  41
Joined  02-15-2009

Hi

I’ve been pouring over the manuals but have to admit defeat here; can someone please help me figure out how to control the state of the Assignable Function Buttons 1 & 2 (the ones directly to the left of the keyboard in the Rack-XS Editor) for one voice in a multi from within a Cubase AI4 sequence? I realise I probably have to send some form of MIDI data message to the XS but I’m having problems working out what data to send and how to send it.

I think I’m close with the table on the top left of page 75 in the Data List manual; Address 37 pp 22, Size 1, Data Range 00-7F, Parameter Name Receive Assignable Button 1/2, Description bit 5/6 off, on AF1/2, but I have no idea how to interpret or use this data.

If someone could point me on the right track then this would help me use the Data List manual properly going forward.

FYI All I’m trying to do is switch on AF2 for the voice PRE2 > 124 > Dual Coil Blue Lead to “activate” the sound of the guitar harmonics…

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 24, 2009 @ 02:52 PM
kr=d+=+
Total Posts:  125
Joined  03-20-2009

AF1 is CC86 AF2 CC87; value 127 is on 0 is off

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 24, 2009 @ 03:46 PM
Kkarlv
Total Posts:  41
Joined  02-15-2009

Great; thanks kr=d+=+. So I was actually looking on the wrong page and making things more complicated for myself (doh!). I can now see this info on page 59; a simple control change.

Cheers

[ Ignore ]