mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Layering sounds on midi channel 1 in song/mixing mode and using faders?"

Posted on: May 20, 2009 @ 06:51 PM
wozzajag
Total Posts:  4
Joined  05-20-2009

I have set up a song so that I can layer sounds on one midi channel to be played by a stage piano.  This all works well apart from the fact that I am unable to use the physical faders for each track because all tracks are set to midi channel 1.  When I move one fader all the other track volumes move as well.  Is there a way to disable the midi message from the faders so that they will only control individual tracks as in performance mode.  I am only using one midi lead out of piano into the xs.  I have spent a long time trying to figure it out and searching the internet to no avail.  Any help appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 20, 2009 @ 08:05 PM
mya911
Total Posts:  91
Joined  03-14-2008

I do it like this:

1)
Just go to the MIXING MODE
- press the “Down"-Button until you reach the fader
- now you can navigate with the “Right” or “Left"- Button to the volumefader of the track you want to change (use the big knob)

2)

You can do it with a combination of normal tracks and tracks with fixed volume by disableing “Volume/Expression"- Control Change.

3)

You can also use a combination of the knobs Assign1/Assign2 and the Modulation Wheel as a volumefader

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 20, 2009 @ 08:46 PM
wozzajag
Joined  05-20-2009

Thanks for your expertise mya911.

I think your suggestions will work well along with muting tracks instead of fading.

It is a bit frustrating though that the faders won’t work in the way I had imagined.  It would have made life a bit easier.

I’ll have to balance the sounds correctly in the first place.

Thanks again for such a quick response.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 28, 2009 @ 08:58 AM
mya911
Total Posts:  91
Joined  03-14-2008

I’ve already wrote this. It’s for everybody who overread:

Here is a blank list for everybody who wants to use voices in Song/Pattern Mode.

PDF files: http://ul.to/umhlj4

Image Attachments
patt.png
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 28, 2009 @ 01:59 PM
wozzajag
Joined  05-20-2009

Seems to work well using song/mix mode and setting the 5 scenes to different volumes.  Haven’t used it live yet but can’t see a problem.  Sequencer mode also lets me use a different sound on the top keyboard (xs) at the same time as playing the mixed voices on the lower.

Trying to layer a standard pipe organ sound for hymns with the 5 scenes (from pp-ff).  Not totally happy with it at the moment and considering buying the pipe organ samples, but would prefer to edit sounds already on the motif.  Any advice or knowledge of someone who has already created more pipe organ sounds.  I noticed it has been done for the Motif ES.  Will these load into my xs?

[ Ignore ]