mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "new store needs fix!"

Posted on: May 16, 2009 @ 05:23 PM
keytarhero
Total Posts:  305
Joined  07-03-2008

I like they they made separate pages per platform, however, it may need some fine tuning.

Some of Dave Polich’s libraries which are compatible with the Rack XS (internal waverom based), are not listed under the Rack XS.

Other than that, great work!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 17, 2009 @ 10:58 PM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

A nice way to say that the Voice Library listing for the Rack XS is almost completely wrong. Of the five shown, only 3 will work on the rack (they require the ability to load samples), and many that will work are missing.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 18, 2009 @ 01:41 AM
keytarhero
Joined  07-03-2008

Yeah, hopefully it’s not overlooked.  I don’t know if yamahasynth.com is thru a different team, but I also pointed out countless things wrong on that site weeks ago and it hasn’t been fixed.  I’m just trying to help out.

I hate to say it, but throwing stuff together like on yamahasynth.com and having that many errors and typos makes Yamaha look foolish.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 18, 2009 @ 01:52 AM
keytarhero
Joined  07-03-2008

Oh, and I also wanted to point something else out about compatibility. 
Perhaps this is aimed towards programmers as well as web masters.
My own opinion:

Libraries that are compatible for the Rack XS are libraries in which the rack user can utilize every piece of anything included.  DCP libraries are a great sure bet for this—waverom based.  DCP libraries are awesome!

Libraries that have some-to-half-to-mostly samples, but just happen to have some internal waverom sounds are not Rack XS compatible in my opinion.  I’m sure all the programmers out there are good people, but should do their best not to mislead other users who may otherwise not know better.

This is also in the hands of the web masters and what is placed under the Rack XS compatible libraries.

Perhaps programmers would be honest enough to actually create a separate Rack XS bank and sell it to rack users for what it is worth to them—not being able to use samples (could be half priced to 1/5 the price in some cases).  After all, they are just files and it would be simple to do this.

I’m just sayin’

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 18, 2009 @ 01:59 AM
keyfax
Total Posts:  1625
Joined  06-11-2002

Good comments and ideas. We’ll confirm what Voices will work with the XS Rack and update the store ASAP.

Thanks,
KF

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 18, 2009 @ 02:06 AM
keytarhero
Joined  07-03-2008

Thanks =)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 18, 2009 @ 05:28 PM
keytarhero
Joined  07-03-2008

I’ve noticed that Vintage Keys has been added.  Thanks!

However, still missing “Axxe” and “Air” (ones that I know of)…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 18, 2009 @ 06:43 PM
keyfax
Total Posts:  1625
Joined  06-11-2002

HI There,

The store has been updated to include Axxe and Air.

It is important to note that the arps from Axxe will not work in the XS Rack.

The downloads do include the editor files and instructions on how to load using the editor. 

Thanks,
KF

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 19, 2009 @ 12:30 AM
keytarhero
Joined  07-03-2008

Awesome, thanks for doing that!

[ Ignore ]