mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "os update"

Posted on: May 16, 2009 @ 12:57 AM
keytarhero
Total Posts:  305
Joined  07-03-2008

are there plans for an os update in the future?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 16, 2009 @ 10:55 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Do you mean, in addition to the one released in October?

October’s Update

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 16, 2009 @ 03:39 PM
keytarhero
Joined  07-03-2008

but of course. 

I’m actually talking about the one specifically for me =D
haha, but maybe others will find it useful as well.
The one that will utilize category search/quick scrolling for the multis as well as a global velocity sensitivity setting.

I’m only asking in the sense of knowing whether to keep wishing and hoping, as well as knowing whether or not to submit further ideas in the future. 
So, I guess it’s more in that context/better put—have they closed shop on Rack XS OS updates?

Are our efforts better utilized in asking Yamaha if they could release the code/make it open source?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 19, 2009 @ 11:27 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

There is always a possibility.

I would say you should probably forget about a global velocity sensitivity thing… buy a better controller. Global Velocity is typically a function of your controller. It would be like putting a MW on the rack unit… MW should be a function of your controller.

Individual velocity sensitivity (response) is available and programmable…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 19, 2009 @ 07:39 PM
keytarhero
Joined  07-03-2008

I understand...and I only brought it up in a way to express the point of whether or not it would be worthwhile to present ideas for os updates.

The reason I feel the global velocity sensitivity would be good is because, yes, the setting is incorporated in individual voices and multis.  So the basic architecture is there.  However, It would take forever to edit each and every voice (however, only being able to save 3 banks of 128) and besides, I utilize my user banks to store completely different voices.  It just seemed like it would be more convenient to save globally.

I appreciate all of your feedback.  Perhaps it would be too difficult for Yamaha to incorporate this as a global setting.  However, I find it a bit hurtful to be told to buy a better controller, while on a budget, and after spending $1200 on something so “versatile.” I don’t feel like I should necessarily have to provide the accommodation as an extensive Yamaha customer to a huge company such as Yamaha for an option that would be easier in the os, than the continued emptying of my pockets.  It just didn’t seem so far-fetched since it’s in the architecture and not asking to create something from scratch.

I still appreciate your continued support =)

So are you saying the Multi Search/quick scroll option in a good one?  hehe
I still think so =D

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Have some questions about my motif xs rack
Next Topic:

new store needs fix! ››