mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "AutoLoad And Samples"

Posted on: May 01, 2009 @ 10:07 AM
BadMarvin
Total Posts:  2
Joined  05-01-2009

Picked up a Classic recently and love the sounds...I realize the software is not up to the latest, but I seemed to be stumped by something very simple..I’ve got the manual and have been reading online but can’t believe that the only way to have a patch that uses a user sample is to sit and wait about 3 minutes every time the board powers up.
I get that autoload loads everything, but is there anyway to trick into just loading samples? If there is a secret, I have not been able to figure it out.
I have 4 samples so far, so its either click-load,click-load,click-load or wait forever for bootup....this is for a board that is used on stage, so the bootup time is more critical than in the studio.

Any suggestions? If it’s impossible, I can use a computer or another keyboard, but using the Motif as a single solution on stage is preferred.

TOA,

Ed

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 01, 2009 @ 10:18 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Motif (Classic) came out back in 2001 (when SCSI interfaces still roamed the earth). Even tricking the Motif into loading just the samples would not save you much time, as the lion’s share of time in any autoload is the loading of sampled data.

You can manually SAVE your samples in an ALL WAVEFORM file (.W2W/.W3W) and you can manually LOAD that - if you really want to avoid waiting for any other data to load.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 01, 2009 @ 10:26 AM
BadMarvin
Total Posts:  2
Joined  05-01-2009

thanks...that beats what I’ve been doing...I’d rather risk this board on stage around a bunch of drunks than my newer studio gear...it does have a good sound and feel, so I’m really going to try to make it work.

Ed

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 01, 2009 @ 01:11 PM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

BM, in the recent past many people posted their songs, made only,
by the Motif (Classic). Whatever tricks we know today, those
songs are still top quality.
May be you will buy an XS some day, but you will keep this machine for long.

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif and Logic Pro
Next Topic:

Performance to successive seq tracks? ››