mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Flight over New York screw up…"

Posted on: April 29, 2009 @ 02:43 AM
BajaCapt
Total Posts:  326
Joined  03-25-2008

Where to begin…
Was just watching the news on TV, hard to express the feeling of disbelief I got from it.
Apparently some geniuses decided to take a Boeing 747 followed by a par of F-16s fighter jets for a low altitude flight over New York city… It turns out this was for a publicity “photo-shoot” over New York with one of the planes that serves as Air Force One.
This geniuses circled New York several times…

People scrambled from high rises, and panic of an imminent repeat of 9/11 spread quickly among New Yorkers, and with good reason, after seeing the footage, this was the worst idea of the century..
Can’t make this kind of $hit up man…

I am sure most of you by now have seen this in your local news, and I tell ya, I kinda needed to vent a bit on this most absurd type of behavior.... unf&^&^n’ believable ain’t it?

Jose.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 29, 2009 @ 12:04 PM
TonyPhillips
Total Posts:  844
Joined  09-16-2005

Indeed.  The first I heard was from news-paper-type reports.  I couldn’t help but think it was just the New Yorkers being “Overly Nervous.”

... until I saw video this morning on CNN.  No audio was on the TV, but I thought to myself “What the HELL???” It looked quite similar to the video of the 757 lining up on 9/11 to hit the tower.  My heart quickened for a second until I saw the crawl referring to the Photo-Op.

Now I understand why people panicked.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 29, 2009 @ 03:51 PM
PeterG
Total Posts:  2052
Joined  01-30-2004

A friend of mine was working in New York that day. The aircraft was spotted circling and the building was evacuated, causing much panic and distress.  Quite ridiculous.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 02, 2009 @ 12:00 PM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

Imagine the continued press ‘shock and awe’ if this happened while GWB was president. Obama is still very much teflon coated these days. The press would have demanded someone’s head on a pike. I am amazed the story died out so fast.

Imagine the fun they could have had… Beating up the Auto Execs for flying on a corp jet while the government, which is in hock well past it’s eyeballs, blows a half a million taking pictures of a jet with no one on it (trip to no where) and terrorizing the city of New York.

You gotta wonder.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2009 @ 01:33 AM
scotch
Total Posts:  2027
Joined  08-14-2005

Imagine the continued press ‘shock and awe’ if this happened while GWB was president. Obama is still very much teflon coated these days. The press would have demanded someone’s head on a pike. I am amazed the story died out so fast.

You’ve got this completely backward. It’s amazing what Bush got away with, more than any other president ever.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Geoscientists question dinosaur extinction
Next Topic:

Need Help With RAID Drives ››