mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Lost My Patterns & Songs"

Posted on: April 27, 2009 @ 06:35 AM
midinut
Total Posts:  93
Joined  02-21-2009

Okay. I thought I had this under control. I go to FILE>SAVE>ALL> and give it a name. Am I not correct in assuming that will save all Voices, Performances, Songs AND Patterns? I know I read somewhere that Voices and Performances are not stored in volatile memory so they are there when I power down and power back up again. It’s the Songs and Patterns that are stored in volatile memory and you DO lose these at each power cycle. I apologize for the newbness, but I have been saving everything to my USB flash drive as an ALL file and have had no probelms up until now. Now, when I load in my all file, the Voices and Performances are there but no Songs or Patterns. I had saved a bunch of work that way and now it’s gone. Is there a better way to back my work up? I have another flash drive but sadly did not have a copy of my that particular ALL file. Thanks in advance!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2009 @ 10:29 AM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

ALL === ALL !  It saves EVERYTHING that’s “on board”.

Then again ... I always save my Songs in ALLSONG, and I only
save ALL when fundamental changes to other things must be saved.

If you load that ALLfile and you are missing something in the
Songs and/or Patterns .... those were just not present at the
moment of SAVE.

B.t.w.: I have done what you did in the past, so I’m certain that
it works.

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 01, 2009 @ 09:27 AM
Dreamflight
Total Posts:  2688
Joined  03-07-2008

Songs and Patterns are stored in Non volatile memory but you have to manually put them there using the Store function. When you save a file on the XS, you must perform a Store before saving. The data written to the filesystem when you save is taken from the Flash storage inside the XS, and you need to put it there using the Store function first.

ALL files do indeed contain all songs, patterns, voices, samples, performances, masters and system settings.

[EDIT] - My bad. It is only the XS that has songs and patterns stored in non-volatile memory as Brad points out below.

Df.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 01, 2009 @ 12:01 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

I believe Midinut has a Motif ES (he should note this in his profile such that we won’t be confused) and therefore the comment about songs and patterns being stored in non-volatile memory is not correct.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2009 @ 05:03 PM
jpondhawk
Total Posts:  45
Joined  02-26-2008

I found this a bit confusing.

If I create a new VOICE. Should I save it as an all voice file?

Or do I save everything I do to an all data file?

Some of the new VOICES have samples that I created within a keybank.

Do I save it as an all data file or all voice file?

Are there reasons to save to those particular files by song, voice, performance, pattern, all or should everything I do be saved to an all data file?

I have a midi song imported to the sequencer (SONG MODE) and I saved that as an all data file and it loads.

My concern is when I update the Motif OS will I be able to put back those VOICES I created, midi songs, patterns, etc.?

Does anyone know if “favorites” can be saved as well? I haven’t updated so I don’t know if that all erases when it goes back to factory default. It would be a pain to restore the favorites.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2009 @ 05:57 PM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

Yes as an all-file to keep the relation voice-sample as STOREd.

AN ALL-FILE IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET YOUR THINGS BACK AFTER AN UPDATE.

So, .....................

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]