mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Voice delay"

Posted on: April 25, 2009 @ 11:41 PM
Marc Oggi
Total Posts:  16
Joined  03-31-2009

Hey guys, need a little help with two items. First: sometimes when I have a pattern playing, say maybe 4-5 tracks and I’m playing a piano voice, for example, on another track. a note I hit will delay a half a second or so after I’ve hit it before it plays. There have also been times when the note doesn’t sound at all after I’ve hit the key. Is this some kind of very occasional glitch? Second: I have converted a pattern to song. The recorded pattern chain is say approx 180 beats. Yet when it plays in song mode it cuts off, for example, after playing only 142 beats. Might it be a memory issue? Any help is greatly appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 25, 2009 @ 11:43 PM
Marc Oggi
Joined  03-31-2009

Any ladies out there no offense. I say guys to all.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2009 @ 08:14 AM
kevinb
Total Posts:  340
Joined  05-07-2003

With 4 or 5 tracks running and a piano voice you could be running out of polyphony. You’ve got 62 note poly on the Motif and each voice can have 4 parts so polyphony can be used up pretty quickly. That would explain notes not sounding when played. You could also have quantize set to a value that makes notes sound “late” as the Motif moves them to the closest quantize value.

Second part of your question could be a memory issue. How much ram is installed in your Motif? But there is also a limit on song length regardless of the amount of memory installed (check the manual for that info).

Kevin

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2009 @ 09:14 AM
Marc Oggi
Joined  03-31-2009

Appreciate the help. Will look into it. Maybe a plg 150 could help with the polyphony. As far as the quantize is concerned I don’t use it. Not really very familiar with it yet. Thanks kevinb.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ USB Cable for Motif 7 Clasic
Next Topic:

MOtif 7 Screen went blank! ››