mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Logic starts recording and wont stop"

Posted on: April 24, 2009 @ 06:51 PM
axxe
Total Posts:  71
Joined  03-20-2009

When i connected the motif yesterday and turned on my mac and opened logic, Logic started recording even before i made any tracks available for it to record. I tried to stop the recording but it wont stop. Note: This is only a problem when the motif is connected and not when using another midi keyboard. Would anybody know what is going on?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 25, 2009 @ 07:11 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

There’s not really enough info here. You don’t say how you’ve connected- Or what mode you were in on the Motif, what settings you had, etc… How often does this happen

Anyway, I believe in a prior post you had a problem in which I suggested you had a bad Yamaha USB driver. If it’s continually happening- the driver may need to be revisited…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2009 @ 10:06 AM
axxe
Joined  03-20-2009

I have my settings on the motif as before: I have set logic to my DAW for remote, I have set USB for interface.

basic receive channel: omni
keyboard transmit channel: 1
Device Number: all

bank select: on
program change: on
local control: off
receive bulk: on

midi sync: internal
clock out: on
sequencer control:off

maybe it is something in logic, with all due respect I doubt its the driver.But i reinstalled logic, so maybe some previous settings got lost. I have followed the instructions in previous posts and set mmt and mmc and stuff. Motif is in the AMS connected correctly. I do not create a multi midi instrument in logic, cus it seems to pop off by itself…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2009 @ 10:07 AM
axxe
Joined  03-20-2009

and it doesnt matter which mode im in, once the motif and logic is on, it happens right away. Logic even starts recording before i give it a channel to play with.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2009 @ 11:23 AM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

maybe it is something in logic, with all due respect I doubt its the driver.

I’m not trying to belabor the point, only help. Without knowing what other settings you may have set in Logic it’s difficult to know. But, as stated before, the presence of the SYSEX messages showing up in your tracks was not normal, and I mentioned then that the issue was not really resolved…

If this has not ‘always’ happened, it’s a matter of trying to go back and see what may have changed… and of verifying that your ports are properly configured. Have you rechecked?

Also, launch Logic without the XS (you do have an XS, right?). Then, plug in the USB cable from the XS. What happens?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2009 @ 12:00 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

Also, I’m sorry but, i just noticed something, (late night)

midi sync: internal
clock out: on

Make sure that Logic is set as your master clock: Settings> Synchronization> General Tab> Sync Mode= Internal; Auto enable external sync= unchecked…

As for the Utility settings on the XS. Interface should be set to USB or MLAN depending on your connection. MIDI Sync settings on the XS should be set via the Sequencer Setup button. Press ‘F3’ for ‘Quick Setup’ and choose #2 (Recording internal sequencer to computer),#3 (Recording to computer),or #4 (Recording Arpeggio to computer) depending on how you are recording into Logic.

BTW, none of these settings should or could cause Logic to start recording on its on…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 01, 2009 @ 03:28 PM
axxe
Joined  03-20-2009

hi.. i fixed it, what i did is i just updated the firmware on my motif xs6.. plus i always have my xs on before i turn on logic…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 01, 2009 @ 09:40 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

Congrats…

plus I always have my xs on before i turn on logic

While I know it’s recommended to restart the XS, etc...- that’s never been a problem for me.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 02, 2009 @ 02:55 PM
axxe
Joined  03-20-2009

im just wondering about another thing though. Is the xs` output lower in volume than alot of other romplers? Because when i record my xs into logic, the sound is like half the volume or less than logic plugins and other softsynths. This might have something to do with cables and interface of choice as well though im sure..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 02, 2009 @ 05:36 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

See This Thread on this topic.

FYI,
my suggestion in the thread requires bussing the audio to an Aux Track instantiated with a Gain Amp before recording to an audio track.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Changing Track icons in Logic?
Next Topic:

motif xs editor inside logic? ››