mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "recording"

Posted on: April 22, 2009 @ 03:38 PM
keysgirl
Total Posts:  1
Joined  04-22-2009

I just started using the ES8. I appreciate all of the posts, because I’ve learned a lot! Would someone have time to give me step by step directions for recording a simple piano sound piece, that I can playback, while playing melody notes with it (overdub?)

I plan to purchase a USB - I found a 128MB flash drive at Target, on clearance for $3. Whoever last posted about the USB and SmartMedia - thanks! They’re not made anymore - definitely stock up for future use.

Thanks for your help!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 22, 2009 @ 05:52 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007
keysgirl - 22 April 2009 03:38 PM

I just started using the ES8. I appreciate all of the posts, because I’ve learned a lot! Would someone have time to give me step by step directions for recording a simple piano sound piece, that I can playback, while playing melody notes with it (overdub?)

I plan to purchase a USB - I found a 128MB flash drive at Target, on clearance for $3. Whoever last posted about the USB and SmartMedia - thanks! They’re not made anymore - definitely stock up for future use.

Thanks for your help!

Very easy! Go to Song or Pattern mode. If you wish to make sequence that will continuous loop and you’ll play along, than use Pattern mode. Other procedure is the same:
1. Press Mixing and select your piano voice for instance on track 1. You could also rise Reverb (in Effect send section of Mix) to give your sound more reality.
2. Press Store/Enter to save your mix.
3. Select tempo (or you could change it later).
4. Press record button, than play.
5. Play your music and at the end press stop button.
6. Go to another track (for instance track 2).
7. Press play button on sequencer and play along with recorded material.

One note about SmartMedia. If you already have OS ver 1.08 on your Motif, you should not need SM card, since they are necessary for upgrading OS and there will not be new upgrades for ES. SM cards loads faster than USB, but USB stick is significantly cheaper.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Performing With Motif ES
Next Topic:

MIDI File Question ››