mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Piano Sound Issues with Sonar 6"

Posted on: April 20, 2009 @ 03:54 PM
SynthBabe
Total Posts:  31
Joined  03-06-2006

Hi all,

I have a troubling issue but I am hoping there is a quick and easy resolution.

I have had SONAR 6 for a while and have never used it, since I do very little recording.  A friend has asked me to make a recording of some of her mother’s favorite songs for her mother’s 60th birthday.

I have recorded 6 songs on my Motif ES in song mode using a single piano voice - AP: Full Grand.  I only use one track per song. 

Despite having the ES instrument definitions, I am not able to replicate the same sound I hear on my Motif with SONAR’s final audio mixdown.  The final mix sounds thin and tinny, like I played it on an old upright. 

I have not added any effects or done any eq-ing through SONAR as I didn’t think I really had to.  All I have done is record my song in the motif, send MIDI data and record it to SONAR, turn the midi into audio, and then the audio to a riff wav file.

Am I missing something?  a lot of things?

Thanks for your help,
Laura

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 20, 2009 @ 07:51 PM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

You’ve probably doubled the audio which produces the sound you describe. You’ll need to set up the audio path correctly based on your hardware (ASIO drivers, something else?). Did you record stereo on one track, or two? If you used two tracks, one needs to be panned hard left, the other hard right. I’m just stabbing in the dark here. Give us some idea of your audio settings.

Hope this helps some.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 31, 2009 @ 10:24 AM
memarkiam
Total Posts:  140
Joined  06-13-2003

You’ve probably sorted this since your post, but I just wondered:

When you say you played the midi recording back through Sonar, I just wanted to make sure you were triggering (and recording) the audio from your Motif, not using Sonar’s internal sounds (or a.n.other soft-synth) for midi playback?

Regards,
Mark

[ Ignore ]