mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Changing Track icons in Logic?"

Page 1 of 3
Posted on: April 18, 2009 @ 06:00 PM
alwaysuptil1
Total Posts:  137
Joined  02-07-2009

I know this is a Motif Forum but I tried the Logic Forum on the apple site to no avail. 

Basically, I know it’s only aesthetic but my icons are lame.  I try to change them but when I hold the mouse over the icon and press and hold the right or even the left click, it puts out a skinny bar next to the icon and does nothing else.  (see figure 1)

also, the icons offered to me are small and 8 bit looking.  Wassup with that?  See figure 2.

Image Attachments
Picture 14.pngPicture 15.png
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2009 @ 04:04 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Are these icons you created yourself? And, if so, what did you use to create them?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2009 @ 11:57 PM
alwaysuptil1
Joined  02-07-2009

No, I did not create them.  I have no choice other than these.  I don’t know how long they’ve been like this but I can’t remember ever having the cool ones that are on the back of the box, etc…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 20, 2009 @ 02:36 AM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

And what version of Logic are you using? If it’s Pro 8, I think It sounds like an install problem or a corruption. I’d try trashing the Logic preferences first…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 20, 2009 @ 07:04 AM
kr=d+=+
Total Posts:  125
Joined  03-20-2009

http://www.logic-cafe.com and http://www.petethomas.co.uk/logic-icons.html here you can find new icons.
In logic 8 got to user/library/application support/logic. In this folder make a folder images and in this folder a folder named icons. Here you can put your new icons

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 20, 2009 @ 02:57 PM
alwaysuptil1
Joined  02-07-2009

Thanks all.  Tried the many suggestions but to no avail.  I guess I’m going to delicately re-install Logic.  Any advice on how to do this without muckin it up?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 20, 2009 @ 09:42 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

http://support.apple.com/kb/TA23375?viewlocale=en_US

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 21, 2009 @ 08:06 PM
alwaysuptil1
Joined  02-07-2009

Super stumped.  I followed apple’s instructions on uninstalling Logic.  It not only didn’t work, but it didn’t completely uninstall it cuz when I re-opened the freshly installed Logic, it never asked me for a password and knew that this computer was the correctly registered computer for this application.  I tried again, looking in every Library folder for ANYTHING to do with Logic and threw everything I could into the trashcan and still it knew this computer as the registered user.  And the icons are still the same.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 21, 2009 @ 10:35 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

My bad! Somehow I copied a link for Logic 7 instead of 8.

You have a couple of options. There is an uninstall on the Logic Install disk. You can also delete the prefrences and receipts from both your MACHD/Library/Receipts folder and the ~/Library/Receipts~ = ([Home=Your Name). Here is the correct link for that…

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2375

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 22, 2009 @ 04:09 PM
alwaysuptil1
Joined  02-07-2009

Followed the instructions to the letter.  Still, nothing.  The fresh install of Logic Express 8 does not ask for my serial number so I’m guessing that SOMEWHERE on my hard drive it has stored this information and it didn’t get thrown away.  Again, I followed apples instructions to the letter on uninstalling the software, since the Install disk for Logic Express 8 does NOT have an uninstall app.  :-(

I also went on the apple website and followed to the letter the un-installation procedures for Logic Express 8 which were a little different (not much) and got the same results....

Also, before I did any of that, I right-clicked on the LE8 app, opened Contents/Resources/Images and actually THREW AWAY BOTH icon folders to prove that LE8 was looking elsewhere for the track icons.  Sure enough, when I opened LE8 it had the same 8-bit looking icons.

Grrrr....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 23, 2009 @ 12:18 AM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

Ohhhh- Logic Express huh? I’ll get back to you…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 23, 2009 @ 07:49 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

alwaysuptil1,

I’m going to suggest a couple of things. If you are certain that you trashed the prefs and receipts from both your MACHD/Library and the Home/Library folders, consider the following:

1) If you are still within 90 days of purchasing Logic, call the Pro App Support. They were an indispensable help when I first purchased Logic. They even helped me beyond the 90 day period (shhhhhhh). Logic and Yamaha are the two best support networks I’ve experienced… bar none… Roland was fairly good as well- they’re somewhere out there in 3rd...

2) If you are not far from an Apple Store, Make an appointment and take your MAC in and have the Geniuses take a look at your Icon problem. There are inevitably some seasoned Logic experts working there…

3) If you are still under warranty for the MAC, call Apple support and have them walk you through erasing the receipts, etc...

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 24, 2009 @ 03:28 AM
alwaysuptil1
Joined  02-07-2009

motif8mine,

Thank you again.  I will set up an appointment with a mac genius, since I’ve owned Logic Express 8 since it was first released.  (well past the 90 days).

I’ll report back whatever the outcome is.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 24, 2009 @ 05:00 AM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

Your welcome, by the way: have you stayed current with the Logic Express updates?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 25, 2009 @ 03:46 AM
alwaysuptil1
Joined  02-07-2009

Yes I have.  I’m really curious where it’s getting these icons from.  Somehow the application is being directed to a different folder somewhere, but where?  I’ve tried many a search for them but nothing yet.  I hope I get a solution other than just re-installing the app but at this point I’ll take whatever fixes it. 

Oh, and I’m buying the Firewire card for the Motif XS tomorrow.  :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 25, 2009 @ 10:17 AM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

kind of reluctant to suggest this because you have to be extremely careful with this folder but, check this:

Go to your Applications folder and Cntrl-Click on the Logic App and select ‘Show Package Contents’. Then, select in order: Contents>Resources>Images>Icons… What do your icons look like there?

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 3