mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "editing piano sound"

Posted on: April 17, 2009 @ 02:28 PM
pokkel
Total Posts:  4
Joined  01-30-2009

hi all

I’m going to make a nice piano sound.
i take the grand piano sound as the basic sound.
this sounds has 4 elements.

But when I mute part 1 and part 3 to hear how the voice sounds without these two voices i can’t hear annything??

i have this problem whit some other sounds .

is that normal or do I have to do something to hear them?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 17, 2009 @ 02:36 PM
Machuson
Total Posts:  168
Joined  07-09-2008

I am guessing, but this could be because the elements are sounded according to the velocity you strike the keys… not necessarily a 1+2+3+4=whole piano sound

try playing keys softer/harder and you might hear something

if that is true, then muting elements will not help you improve the sound

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 17, 2009 @ 02:42 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

You can see the velocity limits set for each part in the [VOICE]-->[EDIT]-->{element # ([1] - [4])}-->[F1] OSC-->[SF3] LIMIT dialogs.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 17, 2009 @ 02:50 PM
Machuson
Total Posts:  168
Joined  07-09-2008

yeah, what he said!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 17, 2009 @ 04:07 PM
salzburg
Total Posts:  17
Joined  07-10-2008

Actually, that’s not a problem (at least from what I know it’s a piano sound).
The waveforms that you’re being isolating at that specific sound, were sampled from an original acoustic piano. It means (if you have looked inside a grand acoustic piano), that some of the keys are assigned to a set of two strings tuned to a specific pitch (especially at low register octaves, when the sound is supposed to be thick). When you’re making the way up in the keyboard, the sound turns thin and light - and that is because the sound is coming from three strings with a different section. It wouldn’t be accurate if I sample only a higuer octave in a piano, and then tune that sound down in order to fill the whole register of an 88 keys acoustic piano. So, what they do, is sampling different octaves that, in the end, compose the expected sound. In this case, you have an element (one out of four)that possibly covers a lower octave(C2 or C3), but remains mute when you hit C4 or C5.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 17, 2009 @ 05:38 PM
pokkel
Total Posts:  4
Joined  01-30-2009

i’m going to check this all,

[ Ignore ]