mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Effects on Voice in Performance"

Posted on: April 15, 2009 @ 09:12 AM
julkeys
Total Posts:  24
Joined  01-07-2009

I know that the effects for a voice must be copied into a performance but with a specific voice I’m having trouble getting the voice to sound that same in Performance mode as it does in Voice mode.  I have a Motif Classic and I’m putting the Eyeliner voice (Pre 3 on my keyboard) into a performance.  I started from scratch and created a new performance.  the only voice is the eyeliner on track 1.  I then followed the instructions I found from a post in this forum (Some insert effects don’t work in performance mode).  So basically I did the following:

I entered Performance mode.
Press Job
Press F3 (copy)
The top parameter shows my performance in the User area which i leave.

I set the following:

Type = Part 1
Tyep = effect
xREV.....Xcho

PRess Enter

I do copy again this time setting:

Type = Part 1
Type = Arp
and press enter.

I then go into the Performance and edit setting the Reverb sent and Chorus send to the settings that are on the voice.

However, the eylinver voice in the perfromance still sounds ‘thin’ compared to the original. 

Is there something else I need to do?

When I’m using the F3 function in JOb should the performance be listed at the top.  Basically it;s saying I’m copying the performance to current (which is the performance).  so I’m not sure how the effects from the original voice are being copied.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 23, 2009 @ 01:45 PM
Louder_Than_Good
Total Posts:  302
Joined  07-30-2002
julkeys - 15 April 2009 09:12 AM

I know that the effects for a voice must be copied into a performance but with a specific voice I’m having trouble getting the voice to sound that same in Performance mode as it does in Voice mode.  I have a Motif Classic and I’m putting the Eyeliner voice (Pre 3 on my keyboard) into a performance.  I started from scratch and created a new performance.  the only voice is the eyeliner on track 1.  I then followed the instructions I found from a post in this forum (Some insert effects don’t work in performance mode).  So basically I did the following:

I entered Performance mode.
Press Job
Press F3 (copy)
The top parameter shows my performance in the User area which i leave.

I set the following:

Type = Part 1
Tyep = effect
xREV.....Xcho

PRess Enter

I do copy again this time setting:

Type = Part 1
Type = Arp
and press enter.

I then go into the Performance and edit setting the Reverb sent and Chorus send to the settings that are on the voice.

However, the eylinver voice in the perfromance still sounds ‘thin’ compared to the original. 

Is there something else I need to do?

When I’m using the F3 function in JOb should the performance be listed at the top.  Basically it;s saying I’m copying the performance to current (which is the performance).  so I’m not sure how the effects from the original voice are being copied.

I think in the Motif Classic one Voice maximum could be brought over with all its effects via: PERFORMANCE EDIT >> COMMON >>F6-SF!>>EF PART ...

But don’t bank on this to be gospel, wait for the smart folks to clarify!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ s90es programming
Next Topic:

Recording Vocals on a Song ››