mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Changing tracks in SONG mode"

Posted on: April 12, 2009 @ 07:29 PM
salzburg
Total Posts:  17
Joined  07-10-2008

Hey Guys!!

I was wondering if there’s a way to switch tracks in SONG mode using a footswitch in the MO8.
I kinda use both hands to maintain a musical flow during live sessions, hence, I would rather not to use my hands to switch tracks. I was trying to do that programing a footswitch, however, I came up with just changing the SONG instead of the track in it.
What am I doing wrong?

Thank u in advanced!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 12, 2009 @ 08:55 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

No. That is not possible. Typical MIDI commands work on channel messages, there is no message that a foot switch could send to change channels (which is really what you want to do)… for a lot of good reasons.

Literally, thousands of players learn to press a button with plenty of time to return to the keyboard. You’d be amazed at how easily it can be accomplished. Arranger workstations work entirely on the ability of a player to reach up and select a front panel function while maintaining musical flow.

If you need to maintain the sound on one MIDI channel while switching to another (via the front panel buttons) use a sustain pedal.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 12, 2009 @ 09:00 PM
salzburg
Total Posts:  17
Joined  07-10-2008

Thanx Phil

I guess I’ll have to keep practicing in order to do that quickly.

Salz

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ How can i export quickly my stuff in cubase?
Next Topic:

M06/M08 Voice Editor Question ››