mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif ES external sequencing problem from Roland MC50"

Posted on: April 12, 2009 @ 02:34 PM
HarryJack
Total Posts:  60
Joined  02-01-2003

I am currently using a Roland MC50 to trigger the sounds on the Motif Es.  For some reason, the patch in the mix (channel 8) that I am using to play during the song is not responding to the program change from the MC50.( all other channels are) The mix says it is the patch from the program change but when I play it, it is the instrument on channel 1. When I scroll left or right and then come back to channel 8, I get the sound of the program changed patch. Does this seem to be a problem with the MC50 or the Motif? Please, does anybody have any ideas?  thanks, Jack

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 13, 2009 @ 06:11 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007
HarryJack - 12 April 2009 02:34 PM

I am currently using a Roland MC50 to trigger the sounds on the Motif Es.  For some reason, the patch in the mix (channel 8) that I am using to play during the song is not responding to the program change from the MC50.( all other channels are) The mix says it is the patch from the program change but when I play it, it is the instrument on channel 1. When I scroll left or right and then come back to channel 8, I get the sound of the program changed patch. Does this seem to be a problem with the MC50 or the Motif? Please, does anybody have any ideas?  thanks, Jack

You should check did you set appropriate MIDI channel on both keyboards (in your case MIDI ch 8). You could (if it is possible for Roland MC50, I don’t know) send Programm Change command to Motif, but it is enough to set your mix on Motif (voices per channel) and choose MIDI channel that you want to play.
Just not to forget, check your settings in Motif wheter you have turned off internal/external tone generator switch [F3] TRACK, [SF2] OUT SW (Output Switch). Since you want to use Motif sounds, INT SW should be set to ON.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 13, 2009 @ 08:26 AM
HarryJack
Total Posts:  60
Joined  02-01-2003

Alex, thanks for the advice, I’ll give all that a try.  Jack

[ Ignore ]