mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sustain command in sequencer fails…"

Posted on: April 09, 2009 @ 06:50 PM
PeterS
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  09-12-2002

Ocassionally I notice in Song mode which can occur with various songs, that within the first few measures, the sustain will stop working for a couple of beats and then start working again. I tried deleting the command and re entering it. I also tried entering a second command at the point of cutout to no avail. Sometimes I will reload the song and it fixes it, and sometimes it doesn’t. Any ideas??

Pete

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 09, 2009 @ 07:13 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Peter,

A frequent cause of such issues is that when you recorded these songs that you started the song sequencer with the sustain pedal depressed and then released it at a later time.

When you depress the sustain pedal it sends a “hold (sustain) on” MIDI command and when you release it, it sends a “hold off” MIDI command. If you had depressed the sustain pedal prior to starting recording, the tone generator will receive the hold on command, but it will not be recorded and therefore on playback there will be no “hold on” command sent to the tone generator. The “hold off” command will be recorded, so if on playback you depress the sustain pedal this will cause the tone generator to sustain until it sees the recorded “hold off” command.

On the other hand, it sounds like you have been editing your MIDI event data for these songs and that there are no extraneous commands. If that is the case, I’m not sure what to tell you.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 10, 2009 @ 06:39 PM
PeterS
Joined  09-12-2002

Actually that is not the issue as I am aware of that. If that were the case the problem would be consistent, but it is not. It is intermittent and not too often. The command is sometimes at the beginning of the 3rd measure (for example) and the cut out does not occur until the 4th measure, 3rd & 4th beat only, then resumes to the sustain being on. I have experienced this for years occasionally. The cutout seems to occur only in the beginning of the song once then it is fine the rest of the way. And it seems to vary beginning anywhere within the first few measures.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2009 @ 03:16 PM
PeterS
Joined  09-12-2002

Anyone have any ideas?? Bad Mister??

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 16, 2009 @ 02:23 PM
PeterS
Joined  09-12-2002

HELP!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 17, 2009 @ 04:04 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007
PeterS - 16 April 2009 02:23 PM

HELP!!!

Did you try to uplug your sustain pedal from keyboard? Maybe there could be a problem with pedal?

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 17, 2009 @ 05:02 PM
PeterS
Joined  09-12-2002

The problem occurs with the playback of a song, not a live performance. It is a problem with the sequencer.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 17, 2009 @ 05:19 PM
PeterG
Total Posts:  2052
Joined  01-30-2004

Pete, you don’t think it’s anything to do with polyphony, do you?  Just a thought.

Peter

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 18, 2009 @ 10:09 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007
PeterS - 17 April 2009 05:02 PM

The problem occurs with the playback of a song, not a live performance. It is a problem with the sequencer.

Yes, I understand, but I had a similar problem when I leave plugged breath controller during sequencer playback when part that was played are using breath control command.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 18, 2009 @ 02:57 PM
PeterS
Joined  09-12-2002

It is not polyphony, as it occurs in some songs with only 1 track of a piano playing. Next time it happens though, I will try disconnecting the sustain pedal to see if that does anything. Anyone else experience this type of problem??

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Plug ins are not getting along with my mlan for ES
Next Topic:

Sampler memory ››