mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sustain pedal starts arpeggio in Motif when playing via Cubase - please help!"

Posted on: April 07, 2009 @ 02:43 AM
starman99
Total Posts:  6
Joined  03-19-2006

I do hope someone can help me with an issue I’m experiencing with my Motif ES keyboard…

The Motif is one of a few keyboards/modules I use with my Cubase setup. I essentially just use it as a sound module; I use a Nord Stage as my mother board. The problem occurs when I play the Motif from the Nord (via Cubase): whenever I depress the sustain pedal on the Nord, the arpeggio in the Motif will start!

Can someone please tell me how can I disable the arpeggio within a voice or globally; or how I may set the Motif so that the arpeggio does not start when receiving a ‘damper on’ message.

Thank you!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 07, 2009 @ 03:36 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

You mention a “Damper” message (?)… in MIDI the universal message for sustain is cc064. Every manufacturer uses that for sustain. If you are sending cc064 the Motif-Rack ES will sustain (which technically will HOLD the Amplitude Envelope at the current Level, until released).

In the Rack ES you have the ability to set a parameter to turn the arpeggio switch ON/OFF… therefore you must be sending that message.

I believe it defaults to cc090… although it is user definable

At any rate you can select any controller number you wish to use for this or you can set this parameter to OFF. But it is likely you are sending cc090 (which is not ‘damper’).

Press [UTILITY]
PAGE [>] to the CTRL ASN screen (Controller Assign)
ARP SWITCH is at the top of the list

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 08, 2009 @ 04:43 PM
starman99
Total Posts:  6
Joined  03-19-2006

Many thanks for the reply :)

I’ll give that a go…

[ Ignore ]