mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Wah Pedal"

Posted on: April 01, 2009 @ 08:32 PM
midinut
Total Posts:  93
Joined  02-21-2009

Okay, I could use a little help here. I’ve looked through the manual and can’t seem to find where I would go to do this.

I want to use FC1 as a wah pedal on some of the Rhodes and Clav voices. I thought I would be able to control the wah from a wah effect. Evidently the only wah effect is the “auto wah” which as best I can figure will not relinquish control to a pedal. I guess it is what it is. So, if I want to pursue controlling maybe a filter LFO where do I start? Just get me going in the right direction and I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance as always!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 01, 2009 @ 09:02 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

oops… it appears you have a Motif ES, not an XS… I’ll check out this answer with regards to the ES and post again below… Brad

My quick look at the effects list in the Motif XS Data List shows 3 different “Wah” effects available to be assigned to insertion processors:

- VCM Auto Wah
- VCM Touch Wah
- VCM Pedal Wah

My guess is that you would want to use the “Pedal Wah” and assign the FC2 pedal input to control the “Pedal Control” parameter (insertion parameter 1 for this effect).

It may be that some of the voices you wish to use have this insertion effect already setup and that you simply need to add a controller set to hook up the foot controller to this parameter. Otherwise, you can change the insertion effects of the desired voice to include this effect and then assign a controller set to make this connection.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 01, 2009 @ 09:15 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Okay I did a quick search of the archives and found this thread. Check out Bad_Mister’s responses here, they should get you well down the road in adding wah-wah effects to any voices on your Motif ES… Brad

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 02, 2009 @ 12:09 AM
midinut
Total Posts:  93
Joined  02-21-2009

Thanks Brad!

I did look back again at the archives and found a similar post but the one you linked to is more what I was looking for. The one I found had a link to a YouTube video of Blake Angelos doing a 12 part Motif XS Seminar. On video #5 Blake plays an incredible wah guitar part. Now I want my ES to sound like that too. I’ll get to work on it. Thanks again for your link! Here is the link to the video in case anyone wants to check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LUMFmC1L90&feature=related

The wah part starts around the 5:00 mark. Enjoy!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Playing with pre-recorded parts
Next Topic:

Will an Editor file load on the original motif? ››