mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Time to stop making posts with rude titles"

Posted on: April 01, 2009 @ 09:08 AM
bobbybland
Total Posts:  1271
Joined  01-04-2008

Sorry to be so brute,rude ,whatever you wanna call it,but after almost two months of this new motifator,I gotta call it like it is.
I’ve sat back and watched Novation do the same thing,and they have created a much better web experience then this over hyped motifator site.At some point Yamaha you guys need to start looking for better hands in your company.

Anyways just my opinion..

Maybe 2010 huh?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 01, 2009 @ 08:48 PM
Dynosaur
Total Posts:  764
Joined  01-07-2003

Of course, this post (and my reply) belong in the Lounge, but obviously the Motifator.com webmaster isn’t watching anymore, so I imagine they’ll stay here. ;-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 02, 2009 @ 12:07 PM
bobbybland
Total Posts:  1271
Joined  01-04-2008

:]

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 02, 2009 @ 04:36 PM
JasonK
Total Posts:  41
Joined  03-31-2006

That right? Moved.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 02, 2009 @ 11:19 PM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

Well… Yes, this post ALSO appears in the lounge, but I’m picking it up here in the Rack XS area as well. Something else for you to sort out I guess.

Ya know, people would be a little more tolerant if you actually communicated with us. Are you planning to fix things, or is this pretty much it? Seems like common sense to talk to your customers. All we get now are terse statements from you.

Just an opinion

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 03, 2009 @ 09:54 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

I believe that Keyfax is working on the site continuously to improve it. The old format is gone forever. One of the problems with
the old site and hosting was that it simply was overwhelmed with
the traffic. Motifator.com is one of the busier sites on the internet. It was a lot of data to be moved over.

Keep in mind, newcomers to this site have no idea how the old site
looked and operated, and therefore nothing to compare it to. To newcomers, the site “is what it is”.

It will get worked out. I have to say, there are a lot of issues
we all deal with these days that dwarf the issue of how this site
looks and works. Or how any website looks and works. Might not a
“chill pill” be in order? That next hit song you’re working on could
use some TLC right now, I reckon.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 04, 2009 @ 11:06 AM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

I understand what you’re saying, Dave and I continue to support the site by providing my thoughts and opinions to posts in the various areas here, providing a few bug reports, etc. (Frankly, I stopped sending bug reports when the system would not take them. I figured Keyfax had enough and shut that down. I guess it works again now). Yes, the world has bigger problems, and as for the hit song, I am not delusional: I’m a player, not a writer.

That said, this site is not as user friendly as the other one was, and all people are carping about here are valid usability issues. Very few complaints about color, etc. though I personally dislike a random collection things as you see in the tag cloud (my German heritage demands that things be in order!). Also, the Motif Rack XS is missing from the cloud choices, so it’s incomplete to boot.

The other site did not frustrate people so much, and to me, appeared to have more traffic than this one, so if fewer people using this space is the goal, then I guess ‘mission accomplished’. I liked the old site because it worked and had more chatter.

Hey at the end of the day, this is just a website, so no big deal. Life goes on. We’ll live with the warts if we choose to remain active here, but wouldn’t it be great if..... Ah, Never mind.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 04, 2009 @ 11:49 AM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

“One of the problems with
the old site and hosting was that it simply was overwhelmed with
the traffic. Motifator.com is one of the busier sites on the internet. It was a lot of data to be moved over.”

I think this is the crux of the problem.I’m here as part of the third development of this site. Coming in a total “techno moron”,I have relied on this site to learn all that I have not only on Yamaha gear,but the technoloy in general. One reason is because most of the ther sites that I visited didn’t have the diversity of information I was seeking to get a handle on what I was getting into. In the 6 years I’ve been at this, no only has this been the site with the most information and instruction,but it has also been the “meeting place”,so to speak of so many users of music technology. As I had stated when the new design first came up, there is so much that has to get moved over to this format. It took some 7 years to get this to where it needed this massive a change. Don’t think it’s going to happen in a matter of weeks. It will take a while to get up to the comfort zone.

Let’s just stay dedicated. There are new users coming in and there is new gear coming out. This is still the best place to come to for information and instruction.
Just one man’s point of view.....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 05, 2009 @ 01:39 PM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

While I totally agree with Dave that perhaps other things like our music are more important than this Forum (I know, Dave, I’m paraphrasing here :) ), AND positive comments on certain subjects are certainly more enjoyable to read than negative ones, I feel we should also pay heed to some of the comments, advice and suggestions that have been made here over the last several weeks. Many of the comments do have merit, and are made by people who simply want to see ‘their’ forum improved and are willing to take the time to post their concerns when, indeed, they could very well ignore the problems here, walk away from the site and instead focus more on their music etc. But it is a “forum”, and as long as any criticism is constructive, personally I have no problems with it.

And here’s my own personal viewpoint. I find the new Forum awkward to navigate, after several weeks some of the basic features still aren’t in place, and I also note that many of the forum members with whom I corresponded previously are simply ‘absent’ now. I have compared this forum set-up to several others which I frequent, and without a doubt, this one is the most poorly designed.....again that’s my personal opinion. I have also made suggestions weeks ago about some things that are missing or need to be improved, and so far, little progress. While the previous forum may have lacked some features added here, IMHO, it simply ‘worked better’. I could certainly do everything I needed to do, and find what I need to find. I would have rated it a nine out of ten. Sadly, for me this one gets a six out of ten right now.

So there you go...my own nickel’s worth. :) Personally I don’t feel there’s a lot more that I want to say on the subject...I’ve really provided all the hints, requests and comments that should be necessary to affect change...if anyone is paying attention. My visits here are certainly less frequent, but I do continue to hope that more improvements will be made. The question is how long will it take? Anyway, for those of you who are happy with things the way they are, then that’s great. Enjoy and participate. Cheerio.........frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 05, 2009 @ 05:38 PM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

Frank, and other long term motifator chums -

I took note of something Frank said cos it rang a huge bell.

I too come here less. There seems to be less attraction to be here. I do not know why that is.

I am set to auto log in now so that is cool. Maybe the rest of my life has grown too busy. Maybe I need a Motif XS to get myself back into where the action is :)

Cheers all

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 06, 2009 @ 03:06 PM
scotch
Total Posts:  2027
Joined  08-14-2005

[SpongeBob]...as for the hit song, I am not delusional....Hey at the end of the day, this is just a website, so no big deal.

Sanity is as refreshing as it is rare (here).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 07, 2009 @ 01:07 AM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

Re: ‘I too come here less. There seems to be less attraction to be here. I do not know why that is.”
---Notice too how different the ‘tone’ of some sections of the new forum seems to be as well? At least it feels that way to me. Keyfax never needed to ‘police’ the old forums very much, but I’m seeing signs of some rather offensive posts now, and if that sort of thing is allowed to continue the new forum could very well turn into something quite different than what we experienced previously........frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 07, 2009 @ 01:30 AM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Frank and Wellie,

While I agree that there have been some negative and offensive posts on this site recently, we’ve all been through this numerous times over the last several years, so I don’t worry too much about the future of this site.

Also, I have a hard time recalling many situations where Keyfax’s intervention turned such episodes around. Rather, it has been a persistent positive attitude by the majority of the community which did the trick… eventually, the trolls lose interest and fade away!

Here’s to the Motifator community and the great resource it has been for all of us and to many years of continued camaraderie!

Brad ;^)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 07, 2009 @ 08:32 AM
The Funk Master
Total Posts:  3686
Joined  11-26-2007

HEY, are you tired of the topics in the Molounge, then try visiting the MoSongs forum, be my guest and have a listen to the great music posted there.
Created by ametures and hobbist like you and me.
The MoSongs area is where orginal music is enjoyed by all.

Maybe Keyfax should put a “WARNING” in front of the MoLounge tag,,and state, “ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK” lol

[ Ignore ]