mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Is there a way to give a drummer a click track on the Motif 6?"

Posted on: April 01, 2009 @ 01:19 AM
JohnCota
Total Posts:  39
Joined  12-16-2004

I’ve been creating some sequences to use live, and my drummer wants to know if I can give him a headphone feed that has the click track in it without sending the click through the mains. I’m having a hard time finding anything about this in the manual. Can someone explain how this can be done with a song or a pattern sequence?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 01, 2009 @ 02:17 AM
mcmusic
Total Posts:  18
Joined  07-12-2006

I looked in the Motif Classic manual and it looks like this can be done. (I have a Motif ES). You can make your own click track on one of your 16 sequencer tracks.  Then route it to one of the assignable outs on the back of the Motif.  That assignable output is wired to your drummers monitor feed.  Page 211, in the manual shows the screen you do this on for Song mode.  Here’s a quick link to the manual: http://www.motifator.com/storage/support/MOTIFE1.pdf

As far as routing the Motif’s built-in metronome click to an assignable out, I am not aware of a way to do it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 01, 2009 @ 02:33 AM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

mcmusic got it right… see also this thread from the archives.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 01, 2009 @ 04:41 AM
JohnCota
Total Posts:  39
Joined  12-16-2004

Thanks guys!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Using Sonar 7 to record two different keyboards (MIDI)
Next Topic:

Voice fade ››