mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Recalling patches in logic pro from motif xs"

Posted on: March 29, 2009 @ 05:45 PM
axxe
Total Posts:  71
Joined  03-20-2009

Now that i have set up the xs in the AMS, i would like to know how i can record midi into logic and recall the patches and the settings when i save and open the logic project again. And how to have different instruments for all of the 16 midi channels. Because right now if i record a midi on two separate tracks, they end up having the same patch, even if i set up different channels in the logic arrange window.

Will i have to go into pattern/song mode on the motif and assign each track to a midi channel and/or use the xs editor? How do i go about doing this?

Thanks in advance

- Axxe

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 29, 2009 @ 06:27 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

how i can record midi into logic and recall the patches and the settings when i save and open the logic project

Axxe,
Hi, I just recently pm’d you. First try my recent post: {"REPOST: LOGIC PRO 8, MLAN TUTORIAL- (For Recording Audio & MIDI)}”, I’ve addressed most of your questions there. If follow those instructions and you are still having a problem with not being maintain separate voices via MIDI, unfortunately, we’ll have to address the driver issue again.

BTW, there are a few different ways to recall patches when working with Logic…
1) Save them in an XS Song and recall the song (even if it contains no MIDI data).
2) Save them in an XS Template and recall them…
3) Save them in the XS Editor / Studio Manager…
4) Modify or download the XS Environment so that it sends the proper controller and Program messages to address the Xs’s voice banks. Upon opening the Logic Song, double click the icon the each track header to recall the voices in the XS.

I primarily use a combination of the third and fourth options…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 30, 2009 @ 03:47 PM
axxe
Joined  03-20-2009

But i must be doing something wrong. what i do. I make sure i put different midi channels in the left window of logic on every channel. Then ill just go into voice mode of the motif and pick a sound. The i switch track on logic, make sure it is set to another midi channel in logic, go in the voice mode on the motif for another sound, then the two sounds become the same. I am missing something here. I am suppose to record from pattern or song mode, or can i just record like this and still get different instruments if everything else is set up right?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 30, 2009 @ 03:50 PM
axxe
Joined  03-20-2009

Correction:

But i must be doing something wrong. What i do is that I make sure i put different midi channels in the left window of logic on every channel. Then ill just go into voice mode of the motif and pick a sound. Then i switch track on logic, make sure it is set to another midi channel in logic, go in the voice mode on the motif for another sound, then the two sounds become the same. Am I missing something here. Am I suppose to record from pattern or song mode, or can i just record like this and still get different instruments if everything else is set up right?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 30, 2009 @ 04:44 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

You need to be in Song or Pattern Mode when using any DAW software.

Voice Mode is only for one sound on one MIDI channel.

Performance Mode is for 4 Voices on one MIDI channel.

Song and Pattern Mixes are for 16 Voices on 16 MIDI channels.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 30, 2009 @ 06:07 PM
axxe
Joined  03-20-2009

thanks man

[ Ignore ]