mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to Build a Custom Performance Combination?"

Posted on: March 29, 2009 @ 05:22 PM
MrRonsMusic
Total Posts:  20
Joined  01-04-2004

How do I build a my own custom performance combination?

From what I’ve read, I’m assuming I must edit one of the “factory-installed” combinations.

But every time I add an internal voice in a “blank area,” usually there’s some type of effect that produces a sound I don’t want!  And I can’t remove it!

I’ve also noticed that if I choose to change the octave of one voice, the octave changes affects the other three voices!

Additionally, if I add the FANFARE voice for BRASS… often the sound is DELAYED or ECHOED, and I can’t remove the effect!

I’d appreciate an easy set of instructions to allow me to build my own performance combinations for live performances, wherein I can move seamlessly through the layers of sounds, while on stage!

Thanks,

Ron

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 30, 2009 @ 06:04 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

1 You can initialise a performance so as to start with a blank canvas.
This may be the best way to avoid some of the pitfalls you are experiencing.

2 However, if you manage to work out what is causing the issues you are having, you will have mastered all of the things you will need to master in order to get your performances right anyway :)

The classic has 1 insert effect. This can be applied to any 1 of the 4 sounds in a performance. It has 3 other global effects whose amounts can be set for each sound in the performance.
You will find these things in the EDIT section of the performance.

If you use the octave up/down button, this is a global setting which of course affects all the voices in a performance as you would expect. But in the EDIT mode you will find you can access transpose and fine tuning functions to move individual voices by +/- 24 semitones as well as fine tuning of those voices in cents.

Now, once you are happy with your edits, make sure you store them and then SAVE as an ALL file before a power cycle. Note that loading an ALL file will overwrite performance data so for example if you autoload an ALL file on power up which does not contain your edited voices, then you will need to reload your edits from your saved all file.

Hope that helps

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 30, 2009 @ 09:13 AM
raykeyz
Total Posts:  32
Joined  11-06-2008

Initialize?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 30, 2009 @ 09:29 AM
MrRonsMusic
Joined  01-04-2004

Hi Wellie…

Thanks for your quick reply… but how do I “initialize” a Performance to start with a “blank canvas?

Ron

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 30, 2009 @ 09:44 AM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Press [PERFORM]-->[F1] INITIALIZE]; select [*] ALL and press [ENTER].

See also this post from the archives.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 30, 2009 @ 09:58 AM
MrRonsMusic
Joined  01-04-2004

Thanks Brad…

Ron

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic: