mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif Es Midi question"

Posted on: March 29, 2009 @ 02:05 PM
lotr1116
Total Posts:  22
Joined  04-14-2007

Hello,

I’m midiing an external device into the motif es. My problem is that The device is using the midi in port of the es, and I will need that to use it while recording in sonar. I’ll also need the external midi device running while I’m recording in sonar. How can I do this simultaneously if I need the midi in port of the motif for both sonar and the other device I’m midiing into the Motif? I know I can’t keep the ES in USB mode while also using its midi capability.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 29, 2009 @ 05:35 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

You should use MIDI Thru option and set this in Sonar and activate in Yamaha-USB driver control panel.
You didn’t specify what is your external MIDI device. For instance, I’m using M-Audio Axiom which has both USB and standard MIDI (like Motif). On Axiom I have possibility to set MIDI out port, so Axiom could be connected to PC via USB (for communication with DAW) and standard MIDI out 5pin port could be used to transfer data from DAW to another MIDI keyboard/equipment. Maybe you have similar settings on your equipment.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 29, 2009 @ 05:43 PM
lotr1116
Total Posts:  22
Joined  04-14-2007

Okay, I’ll give a detailed explanation of my setup and what I’m doing. Currently, I’m connecting the Motif es via USB to the computer to record into sonar. I have a scale converter which detunes specified notes via midi for ethnic music, hence, quarter notes. So what would be the best solution to use this device while recording into sonar at the same time. How would I specify a midi device like the one I just mentioned in any control panel?

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]