mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Deep"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: March 29, 2009 @ 10:42 AM
jan bruijn
Total Posts:  4952
Joined  04-30-2005

This song is made as a way of traning my left hand playing several wild chords which I have to play in a collab project with Frank. Plus some extra wild chords of myself.

This excersize is based on a bossanova, played on a TYROS3, while the right hand is improvising on those chords I had to learn to play in that collab.

So have fun and smile. The song is called “Deep” because I had to go as deep as possible.

Jan

File Attachments
Deep.MP3  (File Size: 7326KB - Downloads: 839)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 29, 2009 @ 01:08 PM
hncheema
Total Posts:  1470
Joined  08-27-2008

hi jan,

so you finally found another voice besides a sax or brass, oh wait there is the sax LOL

Please take time to discover other voices in tyros categories, they won’t bite you.

i mean really more then 100 songs posted by you any and 99 of them are sax based. Grrrr, yamaha should sue you.

Some flute, harmonica, violin, synth, guitar, piano, strings, harp

so much and ....... pop out another sax tune. LOL

Most of your tunes are good, this is however boring but you said it’s only practice, so ...... you are excused.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 29, 2009 @ 03:51 PM
The Funk Master
Total Posts:  3686
Joined  11-26-2007

Hey Jan, I think you already know how to play good chords.
Nice relaxing longue track, reminds me of the ONLY time I ever went to a fancy dinner..LOL

MR. HAMMAD CHEEMA,, how dare you be so rude?
I heard in the lead solos, a guitar, sax, and a clarinet..now WTF are you talking about brother,,,STOP THE HATE.
I thought we all agreed to encourage eachother,,guess I was wrong huh?

Jan thanks for sharing your work.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 29, 2009 @ 06:50 PM
jan bruijn
Joined  04-30-2005

Hammad,

Sorry you are bored.

Maybe when you learn more about playing harmonies and playing around with chords, you start appreciating what music really is.

Jan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 29, 2009 @ 06:59 PM
jan bruijn
Joined  04-30-2005

Jerry,

Thanks for listening and thanks for supporting me. LOL.
Only real musicians know about music.

Jan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 29, 2009 @ 07:00 PM
Q-Bace
Total Posts:  57
Joined  08-16-2008

Hehehe, nice one hammad, that was funny.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 30, 2009 @ 02:16 AM
hncheema
Joined  08-27-2008

jam,

i am nothing compared to the amazing jan burin, that’s true.

i know it takes a lot to choose a style of tyros and play along with changing chords. What would i know and many others who compose each tracks of the song individually and try to make as sense is a whole song with tose seperate track, drums, bass, guitars and lead melody. inkow creating a song from scratch in XS song mode is child stuff compared to playing along with factory build styles of tyros. That’s why real musicians use arranger keyboards and factory set default styles. and kids like me have fun with boards like Xs and softwares like cubase.

by the way idid say all your songs are good and it was in good humor

And Dearest Jerry,

where was your brotherhood when jan called my song a pain in the ear and totally de-tuned, was i offended ? refer to my song “sound of silence”

i think it takes guts to accept critic, it’s so easy to offer one though.

Q-base, right on buddy LOL

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 30, 2009 @ 03:56 AM
jan bruijn
Joined  04-30-2005

Hammad,

This discussion is going to nowhere. Ofcourse you are right. I should not post that song at all. It was not a song. I mentioned that. Its just something I was doing, fooling around with some chords and using a bossa style of the T3, without any attempt to make a song.

Why did I post it in the first place. Just an idea, to give people some idea how I work with idea’s before I start making a song. I thought it might be interesting for some one.

So, I was wrong. Mr. Hammad get bored and maybe a lot of other people as well. So be it.

Sorry again. I will not show anymore of the way how I work.

In future I will only post so-called “finished songs”

Jan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 30, 2009 @ 04:37 AM
marky_markuk ( Maxxuk )
Total Posts:  327
Joined  05-31-2007

Jan,

I think Ham was originally trying to make a small joke, however, it didn’t quite comes across with the tongue in cheek that I think it was supposed to.

It’s always good to have insight and hear how people work, and what methods they use to create their tunes. So for pete’s sake ( whoever Pete is ) DON’T STOP POSTING !!!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 30, 2009 @ 04:49 AM
hncheema
Joined  08-27-2008

Hi jan,

i never meant any disrespect to you, my second comment was triggered by your response that i don’t know how to make real music and then jerry’s ...... i apologize.

technically your song is br8illiant, what if i got bored, hell i get bored by almost every new Rap and Hip hop cd in market LOl, that doesn’t mean those guy re not good at what they do.

you are by miles maybe the best player of improvised music.

when your song started to play i was thrilled ... oh a guitar song from jan , it’s gonna be interesting, but all of a sudden Saxophone and i grabbed my head and smiled… uh oh same thing again !!!

Tyros has many amazing styles and voices and you can , without doubt, play the hell out of tyros, so at least i m interested in some more genre and stuff from you.

Finished not finished who cares, we all make music for fun, right.

most of us don’t have any serious thing going on with our music,

it’s all about brotherhood of sharing and composing in collaboration.

so guys i am sorry if i used any harsh word, i once again apologize

and jerry, Sir, HATE is a word that’s not in my dictionary.

Respect and peace.

cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 30, 2009 @ 04:54 AM
jan bruijn
Joined  04-30-2005

Max

I know that Hammad was pulling my socks. Still I did not like the letters in between. Certainly his second post.

Jan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 30, 2009 @ 05:01 AM
jan bruijn
Joined  04-30-2005

Hammad,

We both were a little out of line. We both are not raised in english speaking countries. So, misunderstandings are easy to happen, especially in joking around. LOL.

I still considering me a fan of your work and I still think your song was out of tune. LOL.

Peace

Jan

PS

My excersize started with a guitar, in the middle a sax and the end was a so-called “Jazz trumpet”

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 30, 2009 @ 05:30 AM
hncheema
Joined  08-27-2008

We both were a little out of line. We both are not raised in english speaking countries. So, misunderstandings are easy to happen, especially in joking around. LOL.

Exactly right ........

and yes, ny song was out of tune. i was going pretty well with songs like unforgetable moment and chronicles, i was bound to mess one up big time LOL

keep posting more of your practice work, it’s a whole lot better then some serious work posted…

and btw in my second comment on this post i wasn’t in lighter mood, with steam coming out of my ears and sleeves rolled up, i was ready for a good fight LOL

Now steam is blown off and sleeves back where they were, guess being short tempered is a sign of getting old.

cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 30, 2009 @ 07:32 AM
The Funk Master
Total Posts:  3686
Joined  11-26-2007

Hammad and Jan, GET OVER IT.
Both of you sometimes while using your Tyros 3 crap machine, pisses me off with BAD TIMING.
Both of you when changing chords, do so at the wrong time, either early or late, but NEVER on time.

I create music from scratch, even the drums,,I hate playing drums on the XS, so I’m trying out EZdrummer. copy and paste I have a potty mouth..

HEY, both of you play better than I, but I can personally say that I compose music better than the two of you put together on one hand..LOL
How about that, my brothers? LOLOLOLOLOL.

My point is to have EVERYONE help eachother,,AND yes we make mistakes, we are humans, hobbists, ametures.
If we were all professional musicians, then why the hell would we be giving away our music, and production secrets over the internet?

I listen to music that I don’t like, but can find something about it that is simply love, and will post the fact up here.
Rather than saying I hate your song, it’s out of tune, or off beat,,I would much rather encourage you and give you a sense of acomplishment that will cause you to do even better things musically.

This is the concept that was given to me, in the early days of this site.
I actually learned to play, compose, mix, and master, from people just like you two, right here at MoSongs.
I still have a VERY LONG WAYS TO GO musically and in life.

Yall want to fight, yeah, bring it on. LOL
Matter of fact, here is a solution for the two of you,,DO A FREAKIN COLLABORATION together.
Just stop harming and start helping.

Ok, on my next song post,,I have a potty mouth. RIP IT APART.. I need it. LOL
But I tell you both this, if it were not for you two, plus a very few others here, including me, this MoSongs section of motifator.com would be totally dead.
Don’t preach to the choir, but set it forward.
I wish I had Bruijn’s solo skills, and Cheema’s musical instrumental choice, I would be better just by adding that.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK BROTHERS,,and remember, IT’S THE MUSIC THAT KEEPS US AS A FAMILY.
Don’t stop the music.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 30, 2009 @ 07:57 AM
hncheema
Joined  08-27-2008

Amen brother,

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 30, 2009 @ 08:40 AM
jan bruijn
Joined  04-30-2005

Jerry,

You are too late. We do already love eachother. Hammad and me. LOL.

Jerry, because you are a greater composer than we are, you might better change your XS into a composer keyboard. Sorry, an arranger keyboard. hahahaha.

Frankly speaking, I use more and more the TYROS3 as a sound module and play only with styles while I am testing musical idea’s and training of my keyboard play skills. In the matter of fact I have played most of the styles already for myself and start getting bored with it.

However, I still see use for the ritme section of several styles, because ritme sections gives me always problems to create.

OK. Lets close this discussion and start our normal routine again.

Jan

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Memories Part 2
Next Topic:

New recordings ››