mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Behind The Manual, Where Is It?"

Posted on: March 28, 2009 @ 03:06 PM
ZCat
Total Posts:  11
Joined  03-23-2009

In the GO MO video they reference Behind The Manual, supposed to be on this site, but it’s not here anymore. File Not Found, it says.

The User Manual that comes with the MO is not very good, IMO. I need to have a step by step guide, and you don’t reallt get that , they show you a picture of what you’re supposed to do, but doesn’t say how to do it.
I think we need a manual that was written by people that have English as their native tongue instead of Computerese or whatever it is.

What happened to Behind the Manual????

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 28, 2009 @ 03:38 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

With the new Motifator site, the support files for the MO are now available from the “Support” tab at the top of all pages on this site.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 28, 2009 @ 04:15 PM
ZCat
Joined  03-23-2009

Thanks, Brad Weber! I saw that but didn’t notice there was more than one page...oops

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 31, 2009 @ 07:10 AM
Nhelios
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-09-2009

Indeed, I haven’t been able to find the “Behind the Manual” even in the Support section. Did you find it, ZCat?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 31, 2009 @ 10:33 AM
Machuson
Total Posts:  168
Joined  07-09-2008

I think I’ve looked at everything that is available under the support section for the MO6/8 and I don’t see some of the things that used to be available as part of Behind the Manual series either… like how to copy performances, voice effects, or voice arpeggios to patterns

some of the “articles” there are pretty worthless too

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 02, 2009 @ 01:41 PM
ZCat
Joined  03-23-2009

No, I didn’t find anything that was labeled “Behind the Manual”.

I just started playing keys about 4 months ago, there is quite a learning curve involved. Not just the actual act of playing, but just trying to figure out how to work the MO’s many features.
That, and trying to learn how to record midi into my new EMU 1616m soundcard, learn how to work Sonar, my head is about to explode.

I’m finding a lot of it is just going to have to be trial and error, all these manuals leave a lot to be desired. I guess they assume everybody has a working knowledge of all this stuff, I certainly don’t.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 02, 2009 @ 02:50 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The “Behind the Manual” section has been replaced by the “SUPPORT” area - the link is just below the MOTIFATOR mast head.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Editing voices & perfs
Next Topic:

Yamaha MO6 for sale. Dirt CHEAP!! ››