mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Assignable outputs"

Posted on: March 28, 2009 @ 08:58 AM
gerry720
Total Posts:  4
Joined  04-09-2007

Hi, I have no problem setting the assignable outputs using the instructions in the manual. However I am trying to use the Rack ES in a live situation driven by midi files in Sonar 6 and every time I load a new midi file, the assignable outputs are reset. I would like to do one of two things:
1) Either to set midi channels 13 and 14 to asssignable 1&2;and 15 & 16 to assignable 3&4;and have them stay that way.
2) Or include in the midi file, the instructions to set the outputs. Any advice is appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 28, 2009 @ 11:01 AM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Are you saving the ‘Multi’ that contains your output assignments? If I remember right from my Rack ES days, you have at least 64 memory locations for them. Even If you did one per song, it would certainly take you through a good nights work. Save your specfic voice and output assignments to a multi and recall the multi, inserting at the beginning of the MIDI file, the appropriate program change where:

Bank Select MSB [I](controller message 0) = 63
Bank Select LSB [I](controller message 32) = 65 (to address the Multi parameter)
Program Message 0-63 (where 0 calls up Multi #1)

EDITED

I see that there are 128 Multi locations, even better. {Don’t know why that was so hard to find in the manual}.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ conflicts
Next Topic:

Missing Motif Rack ES Midi USB IN ports? ››