mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "REPOST: LOGIC PRO 8, MLAN TUTORIAL- (For Recording Audio & MIDI)"

Posted on: March 27, 2009 @ 11:55 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

The archive does not include the PDF of the Logic Tutorial that I posted so, I’m reposting it…

It covers setup of Logic Pro, OS X’s Audio MIDI Setup, the XS and MLAN for recording both Audio and MIDI in Logic Pro 8…

EDITED 04/24/09 12:26 AM
See instructions below, if there is a problem downloading the linked Environment in the PDF file

File Attachments
MLAN TUTORIALX.pdf  (File Size: 1344KB - Downloads: 5157)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2009 @ 04:42 AM
mauitim
Total Posts:  4
Joined  04-17-2009

Aloha motif8mine. I’m completely new to all this and your posts are incredible - so thanks for that. I’m sure this is a dumb question, but I’m following your tutorial and when I went to the link for “Logic Motif XS 8 Environment”.lso for the logic song all I got was a bunch of text in my browser’s window. Nothing to download. Could this be a Safari problem, or something else I don’t have running properly.
My goal is to get the songs I’ve recorded in the XS into Logic - hoping that won’t be too hard. Thanks in advance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2009 @ 03:56 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

I went to the link for “Logic Motif XS 8 Environment”.lso for the logic song all I got was a bunch of text in my browser’s window. Nothing to download.

I just downloaded the PDF and clicked on the link: It took me to http://www.bienlein-music.de/Equipment/equipment.html, and at the bottom of the page was a box containing a link to download the environment…

Image Attachments
Picture 1.png
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 23, 2009 @ 09:16 PM
mauitim
Joined  04-17-2009

But when I click on the link all that comes up is a page full of text - the environment didn’t download. Just wondering if this might be a Safari thing, or am I supposed to be seeing a page full of text? It’s not the Motif_XS_MULTI_MAC.LSO page that is shown in your tutorial. Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 23, 2009 @ 09:18 PM
mauitim
Joined  04-17-2009

By the way motif8mine -have you ever been to Maui? I work for Starwood Hotels and can get great rates. Want to swap - some vacation time for helping me get my recording setup done?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 24, 2009 @ 01:12 AM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

No, I haven’t… Love to go… Alas, two children in college…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 24, 2009 @ 01:21 AM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

Ok, ok, I’ve got you now…

You meant to .LSO link itself…

They’ve apparently change something on the site… EDITED 12:23AM 4/24/09

> click on it (control-click) and choose either ‘Save Linked File To Downloads’ or, ‘Save Linked File As’. When this popoup appears, (see pic below), choose Don’t Append!.

Peace…

Image Attachments
Picture 4.png
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 11, 2009 @ 10:58 PM
jackscott1
Total Posts:  1
Joined  10-11-2009

I’ve been following your tutorials and it’s been great. Right now I looking at Logic Motif XS 8 Environment. lso is so great that I am comfortable with it.And I still need some knowledge to really appreciate it more.

jackscott
_____
Simulation prêt

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 13, 2009 @ 07:32 PM
jlucan
Total Posts:  9
Joined  11-13-2009

Hey I have a question....I have the motif es 8. Can I still use this tutorial or is it platform specific for the XS 8. I really want to use logic pro with my mlan+motif es8 setup.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 14, 2009 @ 01:55 AM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004
motif8mine - 12 September 2009 11:45 PM

This Tutorial was created specifically for the XS8 and the AI Driver. That said, it will walk you through the essentials of how to record audio into Logic 8.

What is necessary is that you understand the following: I give specific instructions of the settings to make in the XS, you will need to find their ES equivalent. The pictures, etc… that refer to the AI Driver, Port Names, Number of Ports, Driver Names, etc… will all appear different if you are using another driver.

Also, the mLAN outputs may very well have different names in the mLAN16E Interface… Also, here is a similar post from someone a while ago. maybe it will help you also… MLAN16E, MOTIF ES, and LOGIC 8

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2010 @ 10:18 AM
wtbusiness
Total Posts:  86
Joined  12-09-2007

I downloaded this environment.  It is recording midi from the motif.  It is just not playing the sounds.  I have the mlan driver set up on my computer.  I was told that the AI driver is outdated. Which one do I need to make this work?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2010 @ 02:16 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

Can’t really answer effectively without knowing your setup

[ Ignore ]