mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Transferring Midi Song/Pattern from Sonar 7PE into MO8"

Posted on: March 26, 2009 @ 03:40 PM
Octaveman
Total Posts:  311
Joined  12-17-2005

Hi All

I had a (periodic) problem with my USB Flash Drive that I use to save my data on my MO8. It wasn’t being recognized by my MO8 when I tried to load the songs that I saved previously.

It was definitely my flash drive and not my MO8 because when I transferred the drive to my computer the same thing resulted (intermittently).

So......

After numerous attempts, and finally getting it to function properly, I copied all my files to the computers’ hard drive and then transferred them to a “new” USB Flash Drive.

This worked perfectly, except for 1 file that seemed to have gotten corrupted in the transfer process.

Luckily, I had this particular song already recorded as a midi file in my Sonar software, so I basically just opened a new “Pattern” on my MO8 and reassigned the Tracks on the MO8 to their appropriate voices and saved this Pattern as a type of “Template” (with no real midi data imported).

Which leads me to this:

Can I now “Import” the midi data I have in my Sonar program back into my MO8?
If so, how do I assign the midi data to the correct Tracks.

Thanks,

Octaveman

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ using a Roland Fantom XR Sound Module with the MO8
Next Topic:

never mind delete ››