mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Performance Mode on Motif Classic"

Posted on: March 25, 2009 @ 08:57 PM
julkeys
Total Posts:  24
Joined  01-07-2009

I have found performances on my Motif Classic they begin to play a sequence in the background while still allowing you to play voices on the keyboard.  One example I have on my keyboard is called Rstreet.  When you initially press any key on this performance a sequence of drum beats begin in the background which continues to play over and over until you change to another voice or performance.  While this plays I can play the piano and other voices assigned to the performance on the keyboard.  I’d like to do something similar for the song Fighter (Christine Aquillera) - mp3 sample attached.  In the beginning there are both strings and piano playing I’d like to have the string sequence playing in the background while I play the piano on the keyboard.  Can someone explain how to do thi?

File Attachments
FIL3384.MP3  (File Size: 3849KB - Downloads: 1179)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2009 @ 11:06 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

The Motif Classic allows for just one arpeggio to play in a Performance. So, you could possibly have a string arpeggio assigned
to a strings part in a Performance. However, you could not have
another arpeggio playing the drums, and yet another playing a bass
line, like you can on the Motif XS.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2009 @ 11:58 AM
julkeys
Total Posts:  24
Joined  01-07-2009

Thanks Dave.  I have not done anything with Arpeggios but I’m quessing that I don’t have alot of control over what the arepeggio plays.  The strings and piano in this song can’t be played by one person unless some parts are dropped.  What I’d like to do is record the string part, be able to play that during a live performance and then play the piano part with it live.  Is there a way to do this on the Classic using the other features - song, pattern, etc?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Voice with effects in Performance Mode
Next Topic:

Playing with pre-recorded parts ››