mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Saving Samples"

Posted on: March 25, 2009 @ 07:09 AM
marky_markuk ( Maxxuk )
Total Posts:  327
Joined  05-31-2007

Is it possible to save samples so that they return after power off ?? I noticed the samples I did at the weekend have disappeared ( presumably because its only DIMMs its being stored to.

Can you save it to a voice to be kept ??

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2009 @ 10:35 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

No, the sample memory is volatile, meaning that its contents are lost when the instrument is powered off. Therefore you have to reload them each time you power cycle the instrument (ES or XS - which do you have?).

One way to automate this process is to save an ALL file and then setup your instrument to automatically load it on power up.

Let us know if you need further assistance. (And specify which instrument you have as there aer a few difference in the procedures for the Motif ES and XS.)

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 12, 2010 @ 09:13 AM
pmurphy291
Total Posts:  3
Joined  02-23-2010

Brad,
I have the same issue as Marky above, and I’m a complete newby with my XS6.  I’ve installed DIMM, plugged in a USB stick with my hand clap & finger snap .wav files, and successfully loaded them to a particular key in a user drum voice, incorporating that drum voice into several performances so that I have the snaps & claps available within the many songs that need them.  Frustrated that I have reload them after each power off.  If I save them to a “All” file, will I still need to carry the USB stick everywhere I go?  Can you provide ‘for dummies’ step-by-step instructions for saving the “All” file?  Thanks very much
Murph

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 12, 2010 @ 11:08 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

If I save them to a “All” file, will I still need to carry the USB stick everywhere I go?

Yes, however, we recommend that you keep a duplicate of the FILE in a safe place at home.

Can you provide ‘for dummies’ step-by-step instructions for saving the “All” file?

Insert USB drive into the TO DEVICE USB jack on the back
Press [FILE]
Set the TYPE = ALL
Press [SF1] SAVE
The INPUT CHARACTER screen appears offering you an opportunity to name the file. Do so
Press [ENTER] to fix the file name
Answer [YES] to confirm

Image Attachments
SAVE FILE.JPG
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 16, 2010 @ 04:00 PM
pmurphy291
Total Posts:  3
Joined  02-23-2010

Bad_Mister, thanks for quick reply.  Do you know of a downloadable voice file for the XS that has the finger snap sound (either free or for purchase)?  I don’t want it to disappear when I power off.  I’m currently playing needle-in-a-haystack with all the free ‘XSpand your world’ & other free drum voices on the motifator site, but really frustrated that there’s not a quick solution.  I can’t be the first guy to need this.  Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 17, 2011 @ 08:13 PM
bluzykeys
Total Posts:  4
Joined  10-17-2011

What size jump drive would be needed typically to store ALL FILE ?  Or do I need to view multi-gig drives of another type?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 19, 2011 @ 10:39 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

What size jump drive would be needed typically to store ALL FILE ?  Or do I need to view multi-gig drives of another type?

We see from your Profile that you have a Motif XS, the size drive you get is really up to - a 4GB USB stick will last you quite a long time.

I recommend getting two (2), one to work with on a day-to-day basis and one you keep in safe place as a backup. (Of course, you can back up the file on your computer as well).

http://shop.motifator.com/index.php/4-gb-flash-drive-usb-memory-stick.html

[ Ignore ]