mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Logic Pro 8:  Recording 4 bar sections"

Posted on: March 25, 2009 @ 12:33 AM
w7ptt
Total Posts:  156
Joined  02-16-2009

Is there a way with Logic Pro 8 to record 4 bar sections at a time (then have the recording stop)?

What I mean is this.  On the Motif XS6 when you work in pattern mode you can record 1-4 bars or more at a time, and once you are at the end of the last beat of the last bar of your pattern, then the recording stops.  In alot of the sequences I have done on the Motif XS with the internal sequencer in pattern mode, the patterns are typically 4 bars, that I will have repeat.  In the end I have different 4 bar pattern sections that can be chained together to make a song.

One of the things I really want to be able to do is record the notes that the Motif XS Arpeggiator produces into Logic Pro 8.  Alot of the Arpeggios in the Motif XS are 4 bars long, then they repeat.  It would be nice to be able to take one of the 4 bar arpeggio patterns and record it into Logic Pro 8, then be able to cleanly have the 4 bar arpeggio region play twice for a total of 8 bars (which I know I can copy and paste the 4 bar region to come up with the second 4 bar region) for a total of 8 bars.  I have to make sure it can be done cleanly otherwise the arpeggio won’t be smooth (like it is when you work with the internal sequencer in the Motif XS).

Bill :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2009 @ 12:54 AM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

No not that I am aware of… You can set it up to record in cycle mode, which means that it stacks the takes. So, while you can’t automatically stop it, if you stop the transport in the second pass, simple trhow that pass away…

[ Ignore ]