mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Directing effects to outputs"

Posted on: March 24, 2009 @ 05:31 PM
GoodDog
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-24-2009

My ES8 is loaded with the I/O Expansion Board AIEB2 and typically run in live performance with 8 outputs feeding a mixer.  It is also loaded with the PLG150AP and the PLG150DR cards.  When the AP card output is routed to outputs L and R and the DR card to Assignable outputs L and R, the effects of the drum card are not heard.  The same goes for effects on the AP assigned to the Assignable L and R.  This holds true even if only one of the PLG cards is utilized and “on board sounds are assigned to the other outputs.  Is there a way to get the “on card” effects from the DR to the Assignable L and R outputs?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2009 @ 11:18 AM
msr
Total Posts:  250
Joined  03-31-2006

My understanding is that only the insert effects can be sent to the assignable outputs.  That means the system reverb and chorus only go to the main outs.  That said, you still only have 8 possible channels where you can use insert effects.  The defaults are channels 1-8.  You might want to check and see which channels you have inserts turned on for.  You may have your drums on one of the higher MIDI channels that has the insert effects turned off.

msr

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 30, 2009 @ 03:55 PM
GoodDog
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-24-2009

Thanks for your help.  I ended up moving all of the drum tracks on several dozen songs for the fx I wanted and put insert fx on less demanding tracks.  All is well!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ New user ....cd rom library for plg150vl
Next Topic:

Midi bulk receive time out ››