mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Anybody Powering MO With JBL EON Powered Speaker?"

Posted on: March 23, 2009 @ 10:08 PM
ZCat
Total Posts:  11
Joined  03-23-2009

I can’t get it to turn up any louder than the TV!

Pretty sure I have everything hooked up right. I’ve checked all the volume adjustments I can find inside the MO, everything was already wide open.

What am I doing wrong?

I checked the speaker with my breakout box, plays stereo plenty loud…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2009 @ 10:37 PM
ZCat
Joined  03-23-2009

Well, it seems I’m not the first to complain about the new EONs. I guess this thing is going back.

What do you guys use to amplify your MO’s?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2009 @ 08:42 PM
TheChad
Total Posts:  4
Joined  03-25-2009

Hey ZCat - I replied to your other thread - I’ll post it below.  Let me know what you decide to do.  I’m going to try it out at our gig this Friday and I’ll report back also.

Chad

-------

ZCAT - Funny, I am in the same exact situation.  I just bought the EON 515, and it sounds great, but volume levels aren’t where they should be and get drowned out by our drummer.

I am still looking for a better solution, but you can click the MIC/LINE toggle in the back, but MAKE SURE to turn down the input level control knob as low as it goes and slowly increase it.  This shoots the MO volume up way high and all volume controls are much more sensitive…

If you find another way, please let me know.

Cheers,

Chad

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2009 @ 09:01 PM
ZCat
Joined  03-23-2009

Hey Chad, I had already tried the Mic setting but it was too muddy. The manual says to use the Line setting, anyway… I had a mic preamp that I hadn’t been using and hooked that up and finally got the thing to give out some volume, but that’s not the way I had intended to use the EON, and shouldn’t have to.
I thought about getting a mixer for it, but it’s just the principle of the thing, now. It doesn’t do what it’s supposed to do.
I’m taking mine back and getting something else.

There is a thread at MusicPlayers Keyboard forum about this very thing, seems several people there have had the same problem and got rid of theirs or just didn’t buy at all after they demo’ed it.
http://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2031695/JBL_Eon_515_Review#Post2031695

Let me know how yours turns out.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2009 @ 09:11 PM
ZCat
Joined  03-23-2009

Anybody thinking about getting one of these to power a MO needs to get something else. I took mine back today, when I brought it in one of the salesmen didn’t believe me, he thought I had it hooked up wrong.
He hooked it up to his MO8, same thing, barely TV volume.
He went and got another one to try, same thing.

I left there with a QSC 122i and am very happy, now.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Sustain Issue
Next Topic:

Just Ordered new MO8 Crossing Fingers ››