mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sustain Issue"

Posted on: March 23, 2009 @ 05:51 PM
salzburg
Total Posts:  17
Joined  07-10-2008

Hi there guys!!....I’m a newbie here.
I own a MO8 keyboard. As you probably know, the MO8 has 2 input jacks - one for a footswitch and the other for a foot controller. My issue is that in live gigs with my band, I want to switch patches; thing is, that I want to do that with my foot. I’ve been using a Yamaha FC4 sustain pedal through the footswitch jack and a FC7 expression pedal (I use the latter to add some filters in some of our songs). Is there any way to assing some sustain to my piano patch in order to use my sustain pedal as a footswitch to change my patches?
I was changing the release settings, however, it sounds kinda unnaturally and weird with piano patches.
Also, does anyone know why is there a delay (a mute pause about half a second in the sound of the keyboard) between the change of patches?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2009 @ 03:19 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Is there any way to assing some sustain to my piano patch in order to use my sustain pedal as a footswitch to change my patches?

You can add additional pedals to your MO with the addition of a MFC10 (MIDI Foot Controller). This device, among other things will allow you to add additional sweep pedals and/or foot switches. For example, you can program an additional FC4 or FC5 to be your Sustain pedal while the current pedal in the FOOT SWITCH jack can be set to INCREMENT programs.

does anyone know why is there a delay (a mute pause about half a second in the sound of the keyboard) between the change of patches?

There is a pause when you change instrument programs in VOICE mode, in PERFORMANCE mode, and when switching between Songs/Patterns because you are selecting new Effect processor routing.

If you wish to access several sounds without any interruption - as you may be on-stage and need to seamlessly switch between Strings and Piano (perhaps even holding the string sound while you switch to piano)… this can be accomplished by placing the VOICES in PARTS of a SONG MIXING or PATTERN MIXING setup. By placing them side by side in a MIXING setup, you do not have to select new effect routing and there is no interruption of audio.

Each PART is on a separate MIDI channel, and you can seamlessly switch between MIDI transmit channels via the Track Select buttons [1]-[16].

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2009 @ 03:27 PM
dcool
Total Posts:  426
Joined  11-01-2006

you have 2 inputs, but you want 3 things....humm...it seems impossible. But you can set your footswitch as sustain only for piano patch(es), other patch as switch increment/decrement of voice.

Piano sound -> select by hand
Other sounds -> select by foot

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2009 @ 08:15 PM
salzburg
Joined  07-10-2008

Thank you guys!!

I’ll be giving a try to that thing you’ve just told me Bad_Mister!!, it does make sense.

However, when I started to sequence a song in those modes (SONG and PATTERN modes), I noticed that the voice patches are not as good (in terms of sound quality) as the same voice patches being played through the VOICE and PERFORMANCE mode.
Hence, If I place several voices as a mixing setup in SONG or PATTERN mode, wouldn’t I be sacrifing some of the audio quality as in those modes (SONG and PATTERN modes) the voices come out very “dry”???....The thing of setting those patches in the MASTER mode as a PERFORMANCE or VOICE is that they keep their richness and quality (maybe due to the effect processing you’ve just mentioned).
Do I have to sacrifice my cleaner-sound-quality patches in order to obtain no audio interruption on-stage??
Sorry for being annoying

BTW, Thanks to you too dcool!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2009 @ 08:44 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The MO can have three PARTS of the MIXING setup recall the Dual Insertion Effects from Voice mode. The INSERTION effects are those that give a Voice its “personality"… like the Rotary Speaker on an organ, or the distortion on an electric guitar…

I don’t know how many sounds you switch between during a performance but if it is more than three then you will have to come up with some other method.

For details on how the Effects are allocated in the MO6/MO8 please see the SUPPORT area for the MO6/MO8 and the Power User article: Introducing MO Effects

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2009 @ 09:15 PM
salzburg
Joined  07-10-2008

Thanks for your help Bad_Mister

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2009 @ 10:14 AM
dcool
Total Posts:  426
Joined  11-01-2006

Will this work same thing?

http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHFCB1010

It’s lower price indeed :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2009 @ 11:42 AM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

So long as the Behringer foot controller can be programmed to send the appropriate MIDI control change commands, it should serve the same function as the Yamaha MFC10 in your application.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Defective Touch sensivity
Next Topic:

Anybody Powering MO With JBL EON Powered Speaker? ››