mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How do I route the audio from mLAN into LOGIC 8?"

Posted on: March 22, 2009 @ 11:09 PM
MRGCOMPANY
Total Posts:  6
Joined  03-04-2009

Im using an apogee Duet which my monitors are connected to trying hear my XS thru the mLAN in LOGIC8. How is this possoble?

Thanks,

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2009 @ 12:51 AM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Apart from being a developer, I’m not sure you can get it to work that way… In Audio MIDI Setup, you can attempt to setup an aggregate device in but, that may be tricky in getting them to work together… You can also try and set the MLAN as your input device for Audio and the Duet for your output device.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2009 @ 01:38 AM
MRGCOMPANY
Joined  03-04-2009

I AGGREGATED THE DEVICES JUST BEFORE I READ YOUR RESPONSE, AND ROUTING WISE IT WORKS FINE. IM GETTING AUDIO AND MIDI SIGNALS BUT THE AUDIO IS HEAVILY DISTORTED!!!

ANY IDEAS????

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2009 @ 01:55 AM
MRGCOMPANY
Joined  03-04-2009

The only issue with your second suggestion is that inside Logic/preferences/audio/devices/core audio…
only allows me to choose from only one device which is why I aggregated them, but all is good except for distortion I know there must be a way around this last issue!!!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2009 @ 02:23 AM
MRGCOMPANY
Joined  03-04-2009

OK so after restarting everything i have no more distortion in my audio!!!!
Hope this can help others potentially, i’ll report back if any issues.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2009 @ 02:39 AM
MRGCOMPANY
Joined  03-04-2009

Guess I spoke to soon, I even changed the firewire cable just in case, still distortion! HMMMM, ill figure it out.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2009 @ 02:52 AM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

One often overlooked source of distortion is running an audio / interface through a USB hub… Hope you find your solution

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2009 @ 03:25 AM
MRGCOMPANY
Joined  03-04-2009

No hub here! Although when I first got my Duet a while back I had problems with this same port (which is the front firewire port on a desktop Quad mac) it was sending random clicks and pops. Moved it to the back, fine ever since. So perhaps this could be the promblem, ill switch ports temporarily and find out.
If so, then my solution is to buy a firewire card.

Thanks,

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif xs as external instrument in logic 8
Next Topic:

Logic Pro 8: MIDI Track will not solo ››