mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MO8 faders control"

Posted on: March 22, 2009 @ 05:00 PM
dbombay1
Total Posts:  18
Joined  06-29-2006

I have an MO8 and i am wondering if it is at all possible to change the volumes of zones in performance or voice mode using an external keyboard controller. I have an Edirol PCR-500 controlling brightness, resonance, pan, verbs and delays on the MO8 but I would also like to use the PCR faders to mix the volumes of the 4 zones.

On Cubase 5 I load up MIDI MONITOR on a track with MO8 as input and move the faders on the mo8. I get activity from Cubase monitor but nothing on the MIDI MONITOR insert. Any clues?

Can’t find reference to this in the Manual and the Data book is confusing for me.

Thanks

DB1

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 22, 2009 @ 05:20 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

I am doubtful that you can accomplish what you have described in your post. Unlike the volume of the parts of a song or pattern mix - which can be controlled by sending control change commands on a per MIDI channel basis - the volumes of the parts of a performance or the elements of a voice can only be controlled by external gear by sending system exclusive commands and varying the data value with each movement of the control sliders on your controller. While I’m not familiar with the Edirol controller, I doubt it provides this type of capability.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 22, 2009 @ 05:38 PM
dbombay1
Total Posts:  18
Joined  06-29-2006

Brad,
I had a feeling it was a no go.

Thanks for the reply.

[ Ignore ]