mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Pad cutoff"

Posted on: March 22, 2009 @ 02:25 PM
bjoleniacz
Total Posts:  9
Joined  06-01-2008

Hi,

I have a motif 8 classic.  I am trying to learn how to play pads on my motif.  I got the basics down of layering different voices together in performance mode to create a rich sound.  however, whenever i move to a new chord, the sustain pedal doesn’t do anything- the pad abruptly cuts off the old chord and moves to the new one.  this defeats the whole point of playing pads, which are supposed to smoothly transition between chords.  and it defeats the point of a sustain pedal, which is supposed to allow you to make this smooth transition.  why would the sustain work like this on other voices, but not on pads??? it seems silly.
does anyone know how to change the settings so that when i hold the sustain pedal, playing a new chord does not cut off the old one, but just layers them over each other, and when i release the pedal, the old chord goes away?

Thanks,
Brian

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 22, 2009 @ 02:55 PM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

Hope I understand what your problem is.

The sustain pedal is primarily meant for piano, but, as
it can be used for other purposes it is in effect for some voices.
I suspect that you chose voices that don’t have the sustain pedal connected as a controller.
So, try to connect the sustain to any of those voices, but IN PERFORMANCE mode.
You don’t have to create user voices for this purpose.

Please read page 169 of your manual.

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]