mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "USB midi in and out via midi cable"

Posted on: March 22, 2009 @ 04:14 AM
jontoney
Total Posts:  2
Joined  04-06-2005

Here is my setup.

I am playing a midi file from a laptop - connected to the motif6 via a usb cable.  I have the motif set to usb as the midi type.

I also have a microkorg and want to set 1 track as the micro korg and the other tracks as the motif.  I able to have the microKorg play its track but the motif also generates a local sound - thus I get 2 sounds for the same channel.  How can I make the microkorg the only one that plays sound for that track.

To give a rundown of what I am trying to accomplish.  I have midi tracks of popular songs and want to apply the “vocal” track of the midi to act as a vocoder track.  The problem is that the motif has a play along voice and I don’t know how to mute that single track on the motif but not the microkorg.

My knowledge in this stuff is fairly limited and I’m using the midi files to wrap my head around it.  Is there a problem with using usb as the input source and then outputting to midi cable?

Any help or direction will be greatly appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 22, 2009 @ 12:04 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

On the Motif (we assume you are in SONG or PATTERN mode)
Press [MIXING]
Press [EDIT]
Press the Track Select button of the PART you want to be silent [1]-[16]
Press [F1] VOICE
Press [SF2] MODE
Make the MIDI RCV CH = OFF
Press [STORE] to update your MIX

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 22, 2009 @ 08:26 PM
jontoney
Total Posts:  2
Joined  04-06-2005

Thank you so much.  That did the trick!!  You made my weekend!!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif Classic on USB with delay?
Next Topic:

Pad cutoff ››