mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sequencing practice recordings for students on the Motif ES6"

Posted on: March 21, 2009 @ 04:54 PM
ej192
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-21-2009

Can anyone point me towards info about using patterns to create a song on the
motif ES6?

I’m wanting to use the Motif ES6 to customize practice recordings for students i’m accompanying for- this would be easier if i was more adept at using loops and pattern chains and how to get them into a song.  

That’s my biggest question right now - how to get patterns into songs and use them.  I have recorded the patterns needed for the song i describe below, but haven’t figured out how to get them into a song.

The song i’m working on now (for a student) has a 7 bar string pattern happening in b minor 3 times, then a bar or two of connecting material, then the same 7 bar pattern 2x  but in c# minor, then 2 connecting bars and back to the pattern in bminor 2x then a bridge that’s different then back to b minor 3x.    It’s the connecting bars that make me wonder if a pattern chain will work in this context.  Since this is based on cover of a pop song, the student is used to the exact formula listed above so i guess i could just record it with loops, but i’m still want to learn to do it the other way.

I also want to use sequences for real time playing situations where the patterns would be used varying numbers of times depending on the performance.

if anyone knows anything to send me on the subject that would be most cool.  In the meanwhile I’ll continue plowing through the manual.  Thanks!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 22, 2009 @ 04:55 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

That’s my biggest question right now - how to get patterns into songs and use them.  I have recorded the patterns needed for the song i describe below, but haven’t figured out how to get them into a song.

If you already have recorded several pattern’s sections, it should not be so hard to move that to song. You should at first in Pattern mode press [F6] Chain and than press Record button.
For recording track you should select patt, which means that you will record pattern sections. During recording, you could select section which you would like to be played and exchange them appropriately. Also, you could mute/unmute some instruments and create more interesting song(s) with the same pattern. After recording, you should press (while in Pattern Chain mode) Edit button, than [F3] Song. When you press Enter your recorded material will be transfered to Song. If you don’t want to save Program Changes in tracks, than you should copy your mix data from pattern to song using Mixing Job Template Put/Get function. It is like copy/paste in PC :).
I hope that I helped you to speed up your work.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2009 @ 02:05 AM
ej192
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-21-2009

Thanks for you helpful reply Alex!

[ Ignore ]