mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "HELP! SONAR 5 instrument definition dun work!"

Posted on: March 21, 2009 @ 03:23 PM
mm6user1
Total Posts:  1
Joined  03-21-2009

Can anyone help me?

After I download the definition from some web site~
I click option->instruments->define

then I import the downloaded file!

But the result is~ I can only See some number in the banks and patches....

help!

thanks a lot

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 22, 2009 @ 08:05 PM
tnicoson
Total Posts:  53
Joined  10-17-2008

There is nothing wrong with your Sonar, and I don’t think there is anything wrong with your MM6.INS file.  The MM6 voice map is very confusing and requires some study to see what is going on.  Every other keyboard I have owned incremented sequentially thru the voice map as you hit the increment button on the front panel - starting with Bank 0 - Voice 0 thru Bank 0 - Voice 127, then went to Bank 1 - Voice 0 thru Bank 1 - Voice 127, and so on.  The MM6 jumps all over the place on the voice map as you increment from the front panel. I have listed the bank and voice numbers for the first six choices on the front panel:

Power Grand - Bank 113 - Voice 0
Aggressive - Bank 113 - Voice 1
Bright Piano - Bank 112 - Voice 1
Classic Piano - Bank 115 - Voice 0
Warm Grand - Bank 114 - Voice 0
Amb Piano - Bank 116 - Voice 0

And so on . . .

Bank 0 is the GM (General Midi) voice map. So if you select Bank 0 with Sonar, you will have the GM voice set.  There is no Bank 1 or Bank 2.  Bank 3 has only Voice 48 assigned to Stereo Strings. There is no Bank 4 or 5. Bank 6 has only Voice 81 assigned to Sawtooth Lead, and so on up to Bank 112.  The bulk of the non-GM native voices start with Bank 112.

I think what you are seeing in Sonar are those miscelleneous banks.  Select Bank 0, and you should see the GM voice set.  Select Banks 112, 113, 114 and so on, and you should see the MM6 native voices.  If not, then you may have a bad INS file.  There is one available in the download section of this site, but you would need to clean out what you have already imported before importing another one, but I would try the one you already have first.

The MM6.INS file is just a text file.  Print it out and you will see what I have been describing.

In case you haven’t guessed, serious sequencing with the MM6 native voices could be a real pain in the neck until you get used to the voicing layout.  I usually just go with the GM voices at first, then tweak them to the native voices when I am satisfied with the rest of the song.

Good luck.

Regards,

Ted

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MM6 cheaper than 600 US ?
Next Topic:

MM6 Footswitch ››