mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif Classic on USB with delay?"

Posted on: March 21, 2009 @ 11:03 AM
LeTutankhamen
Total Posts:  23
Joined  12-16-2008

I am running Cakewalk Pro Audio on a 1.20GHs/1.21 GB of RAM/OS XP prof SP2. Any of the samples plays well. As soon as I put my finger to play, there is a delay. Assign Instrument is Motif6-1. There is also Motif6-2,3,4. I am guessing that Motif 6-1 takes priority. Under “Define instrument”: Motif 6-Pach Names for Banks =1..128. The note names start like so 0=1,1=2, instead of 0..127. I would think that 0= Grand Piano or something recognizable. When I was setting my M1 Korg some years ago, I had to list each and every name so that they appeared as I chose my channels and matching Banks.
Do I have to do the same for the Motif? If so, would that be the list of instruments under Pattern, Performance, Voice or Master? Please see the attachment below to give you an idea of what I am seeing.
Thanks!

http://www.motifator.com/index.php?ACT=39&fid=115&aid=171_HwZfBRRJr2qbjdqeq9hz&board_id=1

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 21, 2009 @ 02:27 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

You need to download and install the Motif Instrument Definition file. This will allow you to select the Motif instruments by their common names (e.g. “Power Grand") rather than by bank and program number.

I’ve attached a zip file below that includes the instrument definition file and instructions on how to install it. Simply download this file, unzip it and follow the instructions in the included PDF file. (Note that the instructions are for Cakewalk Sonar and a Motif ES, but the apply equally to the Motif and Pro-audio.

Try it out and if you have further problems or questions post them up here.

Regards,

Brad Weber

File Attachments
Motif_Cakwalk.zip  (File Size: 322KB - Downloads: 618)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 22, 2009 @ 10:20 AM
LeTutankhamen
Joined  12-16-2008

Great piece of information, thanks!
In the Cakewalk Instrument Definition Files Pak that you lead me to, does it matter what instrument or must it be Motif?
I am still getting the echo, and when I switch it off get a delay. Any clues? Is an usb-interface required?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2009 @ 07:50 PM
LeTutankhamen
Joined  12-16-2008

I have gone as far as getting raid of the echo, by going into the cakewalk program in project option. But a delay exist upon playing. I am off a few seconds behind metronome on playback, any suggestions any one. Even a page number or even better, a site will greatly be appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 28, 2009 @ 09:38 PM
LeTutankhamen
Joined  12-16-2008

Is this little “delay” glitch a big problem for Motifator?
Can someone at least tell me to give it up and pick up my ¥amaha Guitar?
I am able to set all my instruments as I please. I record at will. I have mastered the echo issue. Where have I gone wrong? Am I barking at the wrong tree?

Here is the Scenario. Metronome at will on recording. First track on canvas is nice and pretty. Ready for second track, Metronome is not synchronized with already recorded track 1 on record mode. Delay sets in as I play the second track.
Should I call a priest for a deep exorcism? Is my Motif possessed? Is this déja vu for anyone?

I am thinking that I need a Midi Interface.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Creating Modulation
Next Topic:

USB midi in and out via midi cable ››