mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Ultimate Column Stand Users pls reply !! (urgent)"

Posted on: March 21, 2009 @ 02:34 AM
gaggy87
Total Posts:  87
Joined  08-02-2006

Hi everyone.. I just sold my X stand and will be ordering for an Ultimate AX-48S next week on the basis of the product reviews I read on several sites..I still want to make sure that after spending that much on a stand, I do get a rock stable support for my ES6..So anyone who actually owns one, pls pls pls write in A.S.A.P because in India we do not have any chance of returning / exchanging once the product has been ordered..Awaiting replies from everywhere..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 21, 2009 @ 04:50 AM
midinut
Total Posts:  93
Joined  02-21-2009

I’ve got exactly the same model and you will love it. Plus it sets up and tears down very quickly. The company that makes it stands behind it and honors its lifetime guarantee. You should buy with confidence. The only complaint I’ve ever heard users make about it is the way the front legs get in the way of your pedals. It takes some getting used to, but it was not a deal-breaker for me. I just turn my sustain pedal sideways and there you go! Mic stand is a major plus! The longer tri-bars are designed for a 88-note weighted keyboard, but I have played with my Motif on either tier and it works fine. No stability issues whatsoever! Hope this helps make you confident about the stand. I love mine! Here’s a quick picture of it in action!

Image Attachments
Apex Stand.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 21, 2009 @ 11:43 AM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

Second opinion: I tried one and took it back to the store. I had a 35 pound, 88 key P90 on the lower arms, and a 35 pound ES6 on the upper arms. I had the keyboards adjusted for playing while standing up, so the keyboards where mounted higher than you would for someone sitting down.

For my tastes, there was too much movement. This movement is more noticeable if you set up on a carpeted surface.

I use a two tier “On-Stage” X stand that is 100% rock solid for the same use. I had the arms for the upper tier customized (shortened) for my application, so the upper and lower keyboards are pretty close to one another, with just enough room for my Rack XS between them. I works great for sitting or standing.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2009 @ 12:50 AM
midinut
Total Posts:  93
Joined  02-21-2009

Okay, one other factor I failed to mention. I used to have a double-braced X-Stand. But with gas prices and all I managed to slim my rig down to where it will fit in a Honda del Sol. Can’t beat the gas mileage, but I have to admit it’s probably a sight to see me being 6’4” and climbing out of a del Sol with an entire keyboard rig! Can I hear some clown music please?

Still love my Apex. And I, as big as I am, feel perfectly stable sitting down OR standing up playing. Just my opinion. It’s almost like buying a keyboard ... you kind of have to sit and play two or three for a while before one starts to “speak” to you. Hope that makes sense!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2009 @ 01:59 PM
gaggy87
Total Posts:  87
Joined  08-02-2006

I think ur right.. I mean a company wouldn’t charge you that much for nothing.. Well, I finally ordered for a silver one (matches with the motif)..Unfortunately its not available at the moment so I have no choice but to wait till it arrives.. The dealer said it would take a few months.!(We have only one dealer for Ultimate products in India)!!

He suggested me one of those Z stands(Hercules)as an alternative but I don’t mind waiting..I mean, on stage the apex looks better than any other stand in the market.Just wonder how easy it is to play two keys on an apex..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 05, 2009 @ 04:32 AM
maxvan
Total Posts:  11
Joined  02-16-2004

I’ve been using the Ultimate Apex stand onstage for years now, and I’ve been very pleased with it.  Setup and teardown is a snap, and that’s worth a lot to a gigging keyboard player.

A solid floor or surface beneath it will provide the most stability. Thick mushy carpeting or setting up outdoors on a lawn will NOT provide a stable base—the stand will wobble.  There is a small little adjustable plastic “fourth foot” at the bottom of the stand on the inside edge.  It’s vital to use it to stabilize the stand, or it will wobble.  When properly set up, the stand is more than adequately stable.  There may be more stable stands out there, but this stand will serve you well.

The attached mic boom is a nice touch that you’ll grow to love over time.

Foot pedals are problematic, as the base of this stand is very close to your feet.  I also have to turn my sustain pedal sideways, which takes a little getting used to, but is workable.  You’ll need to make sure the bottom surface of your pedal is modified to securely grip the floor.  I customized the bottom of an M-Audio sustain pedal such that I attached a few of those clear plastic spikey feet that you put underneath furniture legs (they’re available at any home store).  I put down an ordinary doormat-style rug beneath me and the keyboard stand (make sure to get a big enough rug—I recommend a 2’ by 3’, or a 4’ by 6’), and the pedal won’t budge with the spikey feet attached.  I used to use velcro underneath the pedal at first, but velcro never holds up to the rigors of repeated use onstage.  The spikey feet have been an excellent solution to “migratory” pedals when used in conjunction with a rug.

I’ve also picked up Ultimate’s newer V-Stand, which is also a good alternative to the Apex.  This stand folds up nice and small, and there’s a custom nylon carry case available for it.  I have not used this one on stage—I’m only using it in my band’s practice room.  It’s been pretty sturdy in that environment.

I hope these tips help!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ BC3 set up
Next Topic:

Sequencing practice recordings for students on the Motif ES6 ››