mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Hold Your Breath (4:00)"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: March 18, 2009 @ 12:45 PM
dafingaz
Total Posts:  3350
Joined  07-13-2004

Hello Mo’ Folk!!!

This is Da Fingaz back on the grind. Got another jam for you. Clocking in at 4:00 on the dot! Midtempo synth jam inspired by my favorite producers (Timbaland and Danjahandz). Unfortunately no Motif on this track (don’t ban me from the website. LOL). All Garageband and ProTools 8 plugins (and samples that I pulled in). Let me know what you think.

(As a side note check out some cool samples at modernbeats.com)....

File Attachments
Hold Your Breath.mp3  (File Size: 3754KB - Downloads: 805)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2009 @ 01:18 PM
mmusic
Total Posts:  1159
Joined  05-24-2008

Call it “power without end”. Great song! Very powerful, great arrangement with a awesome sound. Enjoyed it very much again.

Michael

(Welcome back!)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2009 @ 02:13 PM
LovemyMotif
Total Posts:  505
Joined  02-17-2009

DF:

Like the song.  A screamin lead guitar in the outro measures would have been great to wrap the track.  A vocal track would also set this off.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2009 @ 02:29 PM
rajaman
Total Posts:  39
Joined  02-15-2009

Da Fingaz,

Nice, nice!  I love the way you held off bringing in the bass for a few measures (I think at around 00:49 secs or so).  You really got my attention at around the 2:40 - 3:00 mark where it sounds like the “plucking” of strings - subtle, not in your face, but yet ear-grabbing. 

Ran through the piece a couple of times and it sounds better at each pass! Great job.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2009 @ 03:25 PM
J Boz
Total Posts:  529
Joined  02-17-2009

good as always. i was waiting for that durty synth lead to take me away like Calgon in the end bro....LOL

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2009 @ 05:24 PM
The Funk Master
Total Posts:  3686
Joined  11-26-2007

Tight beat DF, thanks for sharing your work.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2009 @ 06:59 PM
Machuson
Total Posts:  168
Joined  07-09-2008

so did you create this using material from modernbeats then? or stuff from all over the place?

have you purchased from modernbeats or are you just using freebies? if you bought, what do you think of them?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2009 @ 07:05 PM
spalding12
Total Posts:  42
Joined  03-11-2009

DF....
this is ONE AWESOME TRACK
i really like it.... a lot
thanks for sharing.... very nice of you

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2009 @ 07:12 PM
Yamaholic
Total Posts:  302
Joined  02-08-2009

Hi Da Fingaz
That is a brilliant and totally contemporary track which shows great respect to Timbaland. The harmonies and structure also made me think of “Gangsta Paradise” and adding some rapping and a chorus at the baa ba ba baa motifs could make it a highly releasable proposition. I played it first a while ago and it was with me for about an hour afterwards so it certainly has the memorable hook we all strive for, great work!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2009 @ 09:06 PM
jbirdsreturn
Total Posts:  213
Joined  03-22-2004

Man, I am really really feelin’ this one.  Through the entire 4 minutes, the song never got stale...the different sections grew from one to the next and flowed very well together.  Very well done...on my (12th or 13th listen???) lol.  Awesome track!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2009 @ 10:09 PM
dafingaz
Joined  07-13-2004

Mmusic,

We can call it “power without end.” LOL. Glad you like the song and arrangement. Thanks for listening!!!

Lovemymotif,

Feel free to drop a lead guitar at the end. I might do that as well. I probably won’t add vocals, but I will definitely pitch to A&Rs;. Thanks for listening!!!

Rajaman,

Glad you like the arrangement of the bassline. If you listen carefully another, deeper kick drum also comes in with the bass. Glad you like the string arrangement as well. “Sounds better at each pass.” The best comment you can say. Please keep listening. LOL. Thanks for listening!!!!

KBProductions,

Did the synth lead take you away? LOL. Thanks for listening!…

The Funk Master,

Thanks for listening and commenting. Glad you like it!!!

JMaths,

I used some samples from modernbeats. I think the claps and kick drum and that breath sound are from a couple of loops from modernbeats. All of the synths and strings are from ProTools 8 plugins (mostly Xpand!). The bass line is from another plugin (Vacuum). Some of the percussion loops (mainly the aux percussion stuff) are loops from Garageband. So the DAWs used here are: Garageband loops, Modernbeats samples, ProTools 8 plugins (also used ProTools for mixing).

I have not purchased from modernbeats YET, but I do plan on it. Right now, I’m using the freebies and taking out sounds I like from the loops. But I can guarantee that if you buy from them, you will not be disappointed. Just check out the samples on there!!!!

Spalding12,

Thanks for listening. I’m glad you like it. You are welcome (for sharing it)!…

Yamaholic,

Brilliant? I don’t know about all of that. Just putting stuff together. I would hope and pray that Timbaland would enjoy it. I’m sure this is nothing compared to what he comes up with. LOL. I’m glad you like the hook part (especially without lyrics). Timbaland and Danjahandz are particular about making musical hooks. Thanks again!…

Jbirdsreturn,

I’m glad I was able to keep your ear throughout the entire track. I am particularly glad that you were able to listen to it multiple times in its entirety. Thanks for listening!!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2009 @ 10:18 PM
mustbthemix
Total Posts:  964
Joined  01-02-2004

Hi DF, I don’t know who (Timbaland and Danjahandz)is, but this track is
nice. the creativity and talent really shows off, nice work with the sampling stuff.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2009 @ 11:46 PM
Bboy On N On
Total Posts:  288
Joined  02-05-2008

damn da can i do it ? can i post the lyrics / spoken word i wrote listenin to this track?i don’t know if it was the vibe or the moment their just my thoughts ...i hope you don’t mind i post em up - i’ll delete em let me know , but it kinda had a flow that was goin with the music while i wrote. it’s called droppin science::
aahhhemmm :)
Let me drop science, scientifically or the sweet science either way
Be quiet.
They’re trying to stop us now , the race has become one of them against us
Politically they try to blind us ,
Physically they try to kill us all and
Federally fund it too
Don’t be one and don’t forget if it was not them
it Would’ve been you.
Unite for the fight against the blind
The blind that they try to throw over our eyes.
As one you have the power to be amazingly intellectual
Even be a genius as a part of society you fall victim to ignorance
Self educate don’t sit back and wait.
There’s a numbingness around us but what they’re trying to do
Is making a dumbing ness around us.
Your to blame for your mistakes.
Don’t hold back
do the math add and subtract
the words they Put in our ears
see what they want us to see
and you’ld be looking at Nothing even a lie , they sit back and rest assured that they’ll be fine .
Job security sure that’s what they’ll call it
In the meantime your being told to believe that it’s ok to deceive
A little one here a little one there
Who cares . the truth you don’t have to know
All the morals you stand for let them go .
It’s time for change it’s time to get with the day of now.
But somehow I retract . lamenting the birth of death.
The pull of the child that screams with no voice.
The disposal of man , but given the chance that man or woman would’ve fought to live.
Instead he’s disposed of like an empty bottle with no liquor.
I hope this makes you sicker by the day your ok
Your go ahead
Your change.
Your wants to put a vail around our face
You’re the president and still want clients.

Some drop words full of I have a dirty mouth. , but I just dropped science .

peace-Bboy On-N-On

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 19, 2009 @ 09:10 AM
dafingaz
Joined  07-13-2004

Mustbthemix,

Timbaland and Danjahandz are pretty huge hip hop and pop producers. Timbaland did most of Missy Elliott’s music starting out. He also ushered the careers of Aaliyah and Ginuwine. Timbaland’s recent resurgence came from the release of Nelly Furtado and Justin Timberlake CDs. Timbaland also remixed the One Republic track “Apologize,” which has since became his biggest single to date. Either way, thanks for listening and commenting!....

bboyonnon,

i’m glad you were inspired by this track. i don’t mind you writing lyrics. feel free to record them to the track. lol. you dropped some mad science there. thanks for sharing and being inspired!…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 19, 2009 @ 09:39 AM
hncheema
Total Posts:  1470
Joined  08-27-2008

Df,

Great great and greatest ......

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 19, 2009 @ 11:29 AM
dafingaz
Joined  07-13-2004

hncheema,

Thanks for listening. Glad you like it!!

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Lost Temple ringtone
Next Topic:

Riding on Air ››