mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Flip this"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: March 17, 2009 @ 07:30 AM
J Boz
Total Posts:  529
Joined  02-17-2009

the song is a sample (you hear in the beginning). i changed the pitch, stretched the sample to fit and added a drum track. the breakdown is another part of the same sample.
although not complete, i got bored and wanted to try to be Kanye West for a night...LOL

File Attachments
01 Track 1.mp3  (File Size: 2328KB - Downloads: 746)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2009 @ 09:06 AM
The Funk Master
Total Posts:  3686
Joined  11-26-2007

Nice, now add that bassline, make it match the kick, then “I’ll buy that.” LOL

Thanks for sharing yuor work, brother Kyle.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2009 @ 10:05 AM
J Boz
Joined  02-17-2009

you’re right. i keep trying to find a groovy bassline but i
couldn’t come up with one. and i didn’t want to do a bass that matches the sample. match the kick ??
i may explore this track further.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2009 @ 10:08 AM
jan bruijn
Total Posts:  4952
Joined  04-30-2005

KylB,

What are you trying to say with this track? I do not understand it. Its a continuous loop?

Jan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2009 @ 10:30 AM
J Boz
Joined  02-17-2009

jan,

sounds like you need a course on sampled music. maybe you should leave this thread alone and let the people who understand this genre comment.
i’m not being smart but your comment is a bit elementary…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2009 @ 10:37 AM
jan bruijn
Total Posts:  4952
Joined  04-30-2005

KylB,

Thats not really a nice respons, KylB. Are you offended?

I am always willing to learn from the master in sampling.

Jan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2009 @ 01:24 PM
hncheema
Total Posts:  1470
Joined  08-27-2008

hi kyle,

it’s not your fault if the sample is too short and boring.

drums are really good and punchy.

so many people use loops these days, most rappers sell million of copies of their albums just because of their singing, when it comes to music, 15 second loops, maybe in the whole album ther is 5 minutes of real music divided in the whole album.

cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2009 @ 03:16 PM
J Boz
Joined  02-17-2009

ok, let me go back in my corner. it’s what i get for trying to introduce something different in this room again.
i apologize.
lastly, if you’re really interested in trying to flip samples. go to http://www.futureproducers.com registration is free and try to flip the samples people post....

peace !!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2009 @ 09:11 PM
rajaman
Total Posts:  39
Joined  02-15-2009

Hey Guys,

Let’s all play nice here.  If everyone “goes back into their corner” I’ll have no one to learn from.  Don’t you guys know I’m one of your “students”? (lol)

Can’t do what you do for sure, but through the wonder of osmosis (and some practice) maybe I’ll just get it one day!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2009 @ 11:03 PM
mustbthemix
Total Posts:  964
Joined  01-02-2004

Hi Kyle, I don’t know anything about (sampling), but I really like this music sample.
The wonders of music making, always evolving and developing.
keep exploring those creative ideals you have, you will be taking music to a whole new level of creativity!

..............(Mix)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2009 @ 08:39 AM
J Boz
Joined  02-17-2009

mix, that is not the original sample. i took a part of a Stylistics song, chopped the sample out, time stretch it to fit and changed the pitch. the sample at the beginning of the song is the result and the breakdown part in the song is another redone sample from the same song.
i didn’t finish the whole song but i just wanted to show what you can do using the Integrated Sampler on the Motif. i never really liked sampling myself but i thought i would give it a try.
i should have posted the original sample first so people could hear what the raw sample sounded like.
mix, your music is Motif-ating (ha-ha). you do what you do very well.
i’m just trying to be a well-rounded producer so one day if i get my big break there is nothing to hold me back as far as skills set. it’s better to be a jack of all trades than a master of none.

keep making music !!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2009 @ 12:40 PM
dafingaz
Total Posts:  3350
Joined  07-13-2004

I love that sample. I might enhance the drums a bit. Maybe chop up the hi hat so that it is doing 8th notes in the verse and 16ths in the chorus or vice versa. Maybe throw in a hook and a bassline and you have a hit. Thanks for sharing…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2009 @ 01:59 PM
rajaman
Total Posts:  39
Joined  02-15-2009

Hey KB,

Like what ya did on that with that sample. 

I always wondered how and when I would be getting into sampling. I never thought I’d get into it, but with the XS I think eventually I’ll give it a shot.  If you wouldn’t mind, would you please tell me the steps you performed to get that sample?  I have yet to use the integrated sampler.  There is a short keyboard intro (and bassline) I heard on a jazz CD I really like.

Just to let you know, I’m still sort of a newbie with this, so please be as explicit as you can. 

Thanks, Bro

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 19, 2009 @ 07:41 AM
J Boz
Joined  02-17-2009

thanks to everyone for their comments. sampling has been around forever it seems and i’m just learning....LOL

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 19, 2009 @ 10:27 AM
J Boz
Joined  02-17-2009

and if you think you can flip a sample, here’s one to flip…

File Attachments
When Will I See You.mp3  (File Size: 4192KB - Downloads: 778)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2009 @ 07:34 AM
J Boz
Joined  02-17-2009

this is a sample track from Keisha Cole I Remember i sampled. didn’t want to start another thread…

File Attachments
03 Track 3.mp3  (File Size: 3289KB - Downloads: 649)
  [ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ some strong emotional song
Next Topic:

Don’t Stop, A looped sample song ››