mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Recording Help"

Posted on: March 16, 2009 @ 02:13 PM
minofmusic
Total Posts:  11
Joined  05-02-2007

I’ve done a track in the motif es and i want to send the tracks individually to a Korg 3200 console mixer, i dont know where to go into the utility to send the tracks out one by one, and does my midi cable from the motif need to be in midi in or midi out.

Thanks for your help

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 16, 2009 @ 03:47 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Assuming you want to record the sounds of the Motif ES the connection you require between the Motif ES and the Korg 3200 is an audio connection, not a MIDI connection; although a MIDI connection could be required to synchronize the recording of multiple tracks. To be complete, you should connect the MIDI OUT from the ES to the MIDI IN of the KORG and the MIDI IN from the ES to the MIDI OUT of the KORG.

If you want the system effects (i.e. those generated by the ES’s reverb, chorus and master effect processors as well as the 5-band Master EQ) applied to the individual tracks, then you would simply connect the main L&R;audio outputs from the ES to a stereo input of the KORG Multi-track recorder and then solo each track - and play it back while recording on the KORG.

If you want just the per part insertion effects and 3-band equalizer applied to each track, you have the option of routing individual parts to the ES’s assignable outputs and connecting these to the KORG and recording individual parts there.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]