mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Megamix"

Posted on: March 14, 2009 @ 03:46 PM
Yamaholic
Total Posts:  302
Joined  02-08-2009

Alright, I’ll level with you, I’m the bastard child of a sweaty one-night stand between The Vengaboys and Toybox, forever doomed to wander the dark friges of society producing cheesy Eurodance pap… at least that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it!
Enjoy!

File Attachments
03 Track 3.mp3  (File Size: 5935KB - Downloads: 710)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 14, 2009 @ 08:21 PM
jbirdsreturn
Total Posts:  213
Joined  03-22-2004

I refuse to believe that 12 people listened to this song and didn’t like it enough to reply.  How can you not like this song.  It makes me wanna move and smile and bounce around...and also to close the shades and make sure the door is locked.  Awesome work :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 14, 2009 @ 08:37 PM
The Funk Master
Total Posts:  3686
Joined  11-26-2007

Very mainstream, contemperary.
Thanks for sharing

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 15, 2009 @ 02:20 AM
hncheema
Total Posts:  1470
Joined  08-27-2008

Love the song, hate your story

do you do your vocal mixing in Xs or in cubase.

very good eurodance pop, not sure what you mean by pap though LOL

keep ‘em coming dude.

and don’t make any excuses. if you are good at Eurodance, that’s reason enough to make and post same kind of music.

cheers and peace

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 15, 2009 @ 09:45 AM
Yamaholic
Total Posts:  302
Joined  02-08-2009

Thanks for the kind words guys. A little bit of self-deprecation never did anyone any harm and I do actually like these Eurodance bands and admire the craftmanship involved in producing their tracks. It is very formulaic though and once the basic musical ideas are down it’s basically a case of copying and pasting, also with pre-recorded vocals the chords must fit the melody so harmonic freedom is limited. The vocals are actually straight from the sample library called “Ultimate Dance Vocals Vol 1” and I load them to a track on different notes and use the XS’s effects. There are a lot of vocal libraries around and if you are interested try Time + Space or Producer Loops or do a Google search for “Vocal Sample Libraries”.
Now I’m off to buy a baseball cap and some dolly mixtures; well they don’t do E’s at Tesco Express!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 15, 2009 @ 11:42 AM
hncheema
Total Posts:  1470
Joined  08-27-2008

you can download an accapella and load it into motif xs, run it thru sample slice (in phrase mode not beat mode0 and your vocal samples from that accapella song are automatically assigned to the keys.

very neat trick, yamaha though of everything LOL

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Auratica
Next Topic:

"Reality Check" ››